Ok Day, Straight Roads, Bad NAFTA, Russia Rant

Hey everyone, hope things are great!  So my day, it has gone fairly well, I mostly stayed home since I was not feeling that great.  My stomach felt pretty sour, I needed to have a bm but have not been able to now for about 3 days, before that I did not have a bm for 8 days.  I do eat a diet higher in fiber and do some of the other things like take lactulose and a laxative, nothing seems to help.  I go see a gastro doc later this month, hopefully they can think of something else.  I have been going to sleep a lot later than normal, usually I am in bed by 9 pm but lately I have been going to sleep between 10 and 12 and that makes me wake up later.  A few days I have been sleeping in until 8 or 8:30, I need to fix some of this.  Enough about me, let's get into it.

I have just heard this on the news but do not know yet where it happened at but a plane made an emergency landing on a highway, so that inspired me to let everyone know about something neat or just stupid facts.  That plane landed on a highway since it was decreed by President Eisenhower that every interstate in America was to be straight for one mile for every three miles.  The reason for this is that in-case during wartime, planes can land on the Interstate even if there is not a close enough airport.  Now that is thinking ahead.  This was put into effect when President Eisenhower was the Supreme Allied Commander in Europe during WWII, he was so taken by the Autobahn, saying that it was such a great system to get people around the country.  Now there were bigger complications since he wanted to build something like the Autobahn in America, which is a much larger country than Germany.  I think that this was one of the top largest engineering projects in the world.  Also, the first part of the Interstate system was built in Missouri, I-70 in 1956.

There has been a lot of talk about the tariffs that are to be imposed by America against places like Canada, the EU and Mexico, among other countries.  A lot of people are running their mouths about this and do not know anything about them because they do not think there is anything left to learn about since it is President Trump putting these forward.  Since they hate President, no matter what it is, it is bad.  I think people need to read up a little more about this action, we are not going to a trade war with anyone, what we are trying to do is make these trades more fair for us.  If you think NAFTA is a fair trade deal then you need to read that bill again and pay attention to what it actually says, go into it with an open mind.  The signing of NAFTA lost a whole lot of American jobs.  From what I know, NAFTA is a deal that would work great if you were dealing with 3 first world countries but since Mexico is either a second or third world country, depending on your definition, it does not work.  It helped out Mexico a lot but not so much for the United States.  Now, President Trump wants to kill the bill and instead negotiate with Canada and Mexico by themselves.  I think this would be a better way of going about things.  Here is an article talking about what the president is wanting to do now; NAFTA re-due

Ok, last time I will go on a little rant about this subject until something new comes of it.  It is about the so called Russian collusion, who did it help or who cares.  First off, why would Russian President Putin want Donald Trump to become president, as a Republican you just knew that he would either grow the military or keep it as strong as before, a stronger U.S. military would be bad for Russia.  Helping Clinton win would mean that the military would not be built up, since she is a liberal, Russia would love to have a weaker American military, which is what Clinton would have done, gutted the military.  Then there is the fact that Russia or the Soviet Union has been messing with the elections of America going all the way back to the 1920's, trying to influence American politics to their own ends, so the possiblity that they had damaged the 2016 election is laughable because this is just the Russian way.  Another point, the Russians were not the only actors that hacked into our election systems, there were people from other friendly countries that more than likely did something but you don't see the liberals going after them, because Russia looks like a better villain.  There were probably people in this country that hacked into those systems also so should we go after them as well? 

Well, that is it for me tonight guys.  I am going to try to go to sleep a little early tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!



Comments

Popular Posts