Alright Day, Vikings Talk, More Legal Weed

Hey there, hope you are great!  So my day has not been that bad.  I was going to go to the gym but stopped when I had an accident, nothing serious, just diarrhea.  I've been busy writing my history blog and I have now added it to my Facebook page called History in a Chair, so go check it out.  Todays post was about a person that was a terror in northern Missouri and the people of the town took action.  I think it was an important event in small towns and I remember hearing about it when I was younger.  So, let me get into it.

It is a history day and I thought I would talk about something else I did today.  I also did some research work for one of my history books that I will write, hopefully soon.  I have already started on it but I am going to go back and do some different things.  I hope most of you know that Christopher Columbus did not set foot on North America, but he did set foot in Cuba and some other islands and also South America.  If there was anyone from Europe that first set foot in America, that we know of at least, were the Vikings.  Not long after settling Greenland, they made it over to, what is now Canada, and they called this place Vinland or land of wine.  The Vikings had a great way of naming places, as it really shows with Greenland.  The Greenland settlement lasted a lot longer than it did in Vinland, around 500 years or so.  The Vikings did not last in North America as long, probably because they did not bring out as much smallpox as later Europeans did after 1492.  Plus they did not come over in large enough numbers to be able to fight off the Skraelings, as the Vikings called the Native Americans.  Think they had a better name than Indians, because Columbus thought he landed on the eastern side of India.  Not a really smart move on his part.  But just think, what if the Vikings stayed in America.

Canada is about to get a little more smoky.  Their house just legalized marijuana and this would legalize it all the way.  So that means, for medical and recreational use, they are the largest nation to do this, hopefully America is not too far behind.  I think this will start to turn more countries on to the idea of making this "drug" legal because I think the reason it became illegal in America was wrong and needs to be fixed.  Hopefully it will soon.  Here is the article I found this on, real on; Legal Weed

I think I am done for the night.  I really hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!


































Comments

Popular Posts