Interment Camps During WWII

Hey all, hope your Saturday is going well.  This is going to be a shorter post, I just wanted to talk about something that a lot of people don't really know or where never taught this.  The subject is going to be on interment camps used during WWII.  Now, most all know that Japanese people were locked up during the war in the Pacific.  This was done by people who were really paranoid and needed to take that out on someone or a group of people.  I am not going to talk as much about the American camps for the Japanese but I will focus on parts of these camps in other parts of the world.  So let me get into it.

This is an important talking point, even today as the left and many others see Central Americans being held in, what can be referred to as cages.  Let me talk a little about the American President that sent people into a work camp or an interment camp.  Sometimes they were one in the same.  Franklin Delano Rooseveldt was the president of America at the time of setting up interment camps for the Japanese citizens after Pearl Harbor. That was not the only race of people he locked up during WWII, Germans and Italians were also treated to his hospitality.  I am not a big believer on the hyphen part of a name or nationalities, so either these people were Japanese or American, you cannot be both.  Of course, the numbers vary but it is believed that FDR had around 100,000 people put into camps.  America was not the only country putting people in camps at this time, it was WWII after all, it was a crazy time to be alive.  Anyway, even our friends up north locked people up that were of Japanese descent.  Yes, the friendly Canadian people also locked up foreigners for a time, and it was said that some of these camps were way worse than the American camps, which we all know that it gets really cold up north, some nights got down to -30 degrees Celcius.  The Japanese tried to pile rocks or earth up the walls of their camps.  I did not see any good numbers about how many died while in Canadian custody but I am sure it was a lot as they locked up more than we did here. People love to talk about the interment camps, like those could come back today.  I do not think we will ever get to that point and I hope I am right.  Here is the article from Listverse that made me think of writing down this info; http://listverse.com/2018/06/30/10-horrifying-wwii-internment-camps-set-up-all-around-the-world/

Well, that is it for tonight.  I really hope all of you have a great night or day, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts