Another Slow Day, Sad Solo, Gay Cakes

Hey everyone, hope Monday has been good for you.  So my day, it has been very slow and I am starting to get very tired of trying to make money with Uber right now, because I have not had a single ride since last Thursday so I think I am going to be doing other stuff to make money.  I know that things will pick up soon with Uber but it will take a few months.  I will still try to make some money here and there but I will not plan on doing it all day like I have lately.  Think I will focus on my writing, books and blogs.  I will hopefully figure out how to monetize my History in a Chair blog soon and figure out how to promote it the right way.  So I will be changing some things up here soon.  Uber will get busy in July and really pick up in August when the students come back to Columbia and then just after that is football season, probably my favorite season of the year.  So, let me get into the talk today.

Star Wars Day!  Honestly there is not a whole lot of Star Wars news to be had right now, except to talk more about Solo and how bad it is doing in box office dollars.  It seems that Solo could be the only Star Wars movie that does not make back its initial investment.  It was widely known that it took $250 million to bring this movie to theaters and so far Solo has not made a lot of money so there is the chance that it will not even make back that money.  This would be a first for such a storied franchise.  I was critical of this movie being made, saying that there were more important stories to be told in this universe such as a Yoda origin movie or a Kenobi movie set between Episodes III and IV.  I think this is the time for Lucasfilm to make a change of direction from Kathleen Kennedy, who's direction has not worked out very well so far.  Maybe, they could come out and announce a new movie or television product coming soon.  Think that might take a little heat off the under-performing Solo. 

One thing I really wanted to talk about today, because the Supreme Court let their verdict be known, is the gay couple cake fiasco.  The high court ruled that it was alright for the baker, that had refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding, and I think it was the absolute right thing to do.  That bakery is a privately owned business, not a public one, but I do not think it should have been taken that far.  Why did those guys not just go to a different bakery?  It is not like that bakery was the only one in the country.  I think it was about these gay guys who think they were discriminated against because this person said he did not want to make a cake for a gay wedding, which was obviously in his right to say that as a private business owner.  These guys, the gay ones, just wanted some publicity but did not think this bakery owner would fight back and I am glad that he did.  As I have said before, I am a conservative, so this should not be a big surprise but I listen to Rush Limbaugh.  Now I don't buy into everything he says but I do like to hear his side of things.  Anyway, today a gay man had called into the show and said he was a conservative, which makes him like the extreme minority, but this man said that he totally agreed with the courts ruling and basically ran down the two men that took this baker for such a ride.  Rush was very good with him because Rush seen this person as a human, not like a liberal who would have said that he was gay about 10 times.  Liberals like labels and calling people what they think they are.

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!


Comments

Popular Posts