Falling Down, Great General, Big Meeting, Big Deal

Hey everyone, hope you are doing great today!  My day has not been too bad, I mostly stayed home and did some writing.  I did get out and at one stop I fell down while getting out of the van, my leg just kinda gave up and didn't want to work like it should.  Just something that happens, not a huge deal or anything.  I didn't hurt myself or anything, I just scrapped up my legs a little bit, I didn't even draw blood so it was alright.  I was mostly writing on my new history blog today, I am planning on doing a larger blog post for tomorrow.  If you would like to check it out then visit historyinachair.com and go to the blog tab.  But, let me get into it.

History Day!  I have been doing a lot of research today on famous people from history and the most recent is General George Patton.  Patton is one of my favorite generals from history, he was feared by those that fought against him.  Patton thought he was descended from many different military people from history, none where people we remember their names but he said he was built from a lot of military minds in history including a Viking, a Scottish highlander and others.  He proved his brilliance during WWII, outmaneuvering everyone he faced.  Just hearing his name scarred the Germans.  I hope we have a general like that now, I want our enemies to shake in their boots from hearing that persons name.

So President Trump and kim jong un had their meeting and not a whole lot happened except that the president said he would halt the war games between the United States and South Korea.  This was a surprise to most as this was not expected, this was a point that kim wanted to bring up to see if he could get the American President to give him something without him giving anything in return.  I do not have much of a problem with pausing the war games but South Korea is not the only country we have war games with, so does this mean that the president will halt them all?  Guess this is something we will have to wait and see what happens.  I don't think we need to halt all military exercises but we should make sure that the other country pays their fair share.  Which seems to be a focal point of what President Trump wants from other things like trade deals.  From what the president has said, this is just the first meeting and there will be more to come.  For the next meeting, human rights should be put on the table for little kim to try to weasel out of.  Let's watch.

One last thing to talk about, the AT&T deal went through, so now they can purchase Time Warner for around $85 billion.  That is a lot of money and I hope this deal paves the way for other big media purchases.  Like hopefully this fast tracks the Disney-Fox deal. 

That is it for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a wonderful night or day, take care! 










Comments

Popular Posts