Warmer Days, Some are Really Gullible, Pipedream, Strange Law in the UK

Hey there everyone, I hope you are doing great!  So my day was alright, the weather is getting warmer and I'm loving that, I hate the cold.  Give me 90 degrees any day.  Didn't really do much though.  I want to let you know that I will not be writing tomorrow night as I'm taking a trip with a friend and won't be back till real late, but I promise to write on Thursday and I'll write my MCU stuff then too.  So, let me go on and get to it!

History Day!  It goes to show you if enough people start a rumor then it will spread and somehow become true even if there isn't any evidence.  This web page I found is telling about how rumors can really spoil or mess things up.  The first one I'll talk about is how people will believe anything someone says at times.  In early 1761 an earthquake rattled London and soon many people were talking about the "big one" hitting soon, in early April.  That rumor lasted into recent times, I remember back in the 90's that the "big one" was set to hit southern Missouri like the one that hit in the 1820's but it never came.  There really isn't much of a way to predict earthquakes, we just have to prepare for the possibilty.  Next one is about Jews poisoning wells but this was proven to not be the case but people ran with this one during the Black Death.  Jews were not as affected by the plague so it was thought they were poisoning the wells, one thing the Jews did that others did not at the time was bathe regularly.  Jews have been the scapegoats throughout history.  Here is that page; https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/72892/9-false-rumors-real-life-consequences

I'll be honest, I didn't read the entire article because the idea they are talking about is so ludicrous to me and many others.  The founder of BET, Robert Johnson, thinks there should be reparations for black Americans.  He thinks that this program should cost $14 trillion, not sure where that money is going to come from though, not sure if this guy has seen the debt the United States is in.  For one, this guy doesn't need any more money because he is very wealthy.  There are many other problems with this, one is what if a black family came to America after slavery ended, why should anyone from that family get anything.  Also, how are you going to tell if a white family had slaves or not, you can't really do that but I'm sure someone will try.  Mostly because a lot of people came to this country at the turn of the 20th century after slavery was outlawed.  Also, I'm not saying nothing bad happened to black people in America, I am a history guy and understand all that better than some, but I don't think people today should have to pay for something their great-great grandparents had done.  Here is that article; https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/500460-bet-founder-calls-for-14-trillion-in-reparations-for

Ok, this is a little strange but in the United Kingdom two people that do not live together cannot have sex because of this virus.  Honestly that law is a little strange and I'm sure it would be tough to enforce unless the people are "having relations" out in public where everyone can see them, how can the police there know what is going on in someones home?  Not much else I can really say about this so I'll just add the article; https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/sex-now-illegal-uk-between-142500887.html

Well, that's all for me today.  I really do hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care and stay safe!





































Comments

Popular Posts