No Lifting, Great Stories, Not So Shocking, Awkward Moments, Don't Take it Away, Fun Fact

Hey there guys, I hope your week is ending great!  My day was alright, didn't do a whole lot, I didn't even go lift today.  Thought I needed a day to rest, yesterday evening before I went to bed my body was killing me, every little fiber in my body hurt like crazy.  I lived though, the extra sleep I got last night really helped I think and I actually slept pretty well.  Didn't do much of anything today except things around my apartment, not too bad.  Well let me get into it!

Wrestling Day!  I think this man is the best character from wrestling history, the Undertaker.  ESPN started this recent trend of making documentaries on the best sports figures with their The Last Dance on Michael Jordan.  The WWE Network has released one on the Undertaker called The Last Ride and it is a must watch if you like the Undertaker.  I found a webpage that has some interesting stories about the Deadman.  My favorite story is about the man that found him, Sargent Slaughter.  Slaughter didn't create the Undertaker character but did bring Mark Calaway in the WWF.  It took just a little time to come up with the name and when they did they just ran with it.  Many of the stories talk about how different the business was back in the 90's compared to today and about how good of a guy Taker is.  The stories are all pretty good.  Here it is; https://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-wrestling-stories/undertaker-stories/

Not sure why people are so shocked at what happened, we all knew the jobs numbers were going to get better but this current jobs report has shocked many industry insiders.  I may not understand how they come to the numbers they do but I do understand that it's very good news for the country that people are getting back to work.  Some of the people that are shocked is hatred for the president, thinking he couldn't turn it around, I'm sure.  It's of course not all because of him, only a small part can be attributed to him but it's still a notch on his belt.  Here is an article I found on this; https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/astonishing-dumbfounded-economists-struggle-to-describe-todays-jobs-report-surprise-194232884.html

There are many awkward moments you will have if you are a wheelchair user, most of these do not make me feel awkward, I really don't ever feel that way no matter what, I usually feel some other type of emotion like angry or something close to that for a lot of these.  I first found this on my phone and then looked some of them up online to talk about it here.  It kind of lets able bodied people know what it is we go through on a normal day.  The page I found only has 8 of them on there but there are soooo many more times when some able body acts like an idiot to someone in a wheelchair.  All you have to do is talk to someone in a wheelchair like normal, ask them if they need help before you just start doing something( I've gotten really pissed at a few people for that one over the years) and stay out of our way or we will run over your toes.  Here is that page; https://patientslounge.com/disabilities/That-Awkward-Wheelchair-Moment

I've talked about this stuff before on here but I am against the removal of any monuments or parts of history for any reason.  Liberals are wanting to tear down a General Lee statue in Virginia.  Guess those same people never read any of the mans writing, saying that he hated slavery of other humans in any way.  But anyway, here is a video on the topic; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUhkjJrtsuk

In ending, here is an interesting fact, at least I think it's interesting.  Back during the Cold War the Soviet Union hated everything about The United States of America and actually had a list of all American companies to never order from and Coca-Cola was one of those companies so the Communists would only drink Pepsi, even though Pepsi is also an American company.  So if I go to a restaurant and they don't have Coke then I call them communist and then I have to explain it to the waiter or waitress.  So, just food for thought.

That's it for me tonight.  I really do hope that all of you have a great weekend, take care and stay safe!









































Comments

Popular Posts