One Way Over the Other, Monument Talk, Very Terrible People, Not So Smart

Hey there everyone, hope your day is going great!  Well, my day was pretty boring mostly.  I did make it to the gym and had a good workout at Planet Fitness, think I'm leaning more to them.  Didn't do much else today, tried calling a few places about finding a new pain doc but everyone I called only did injections and those don't do anything for me.  So, let me get into it!

History Day!  Thought this article was apt for the time and details how Fredrick Douglass felt about a certain monument in Washington D.C.  Fredrick Douglass was a very interesting character, if you are curious about the time before and after the Civil War in America then read up on him, plus he was a black man during this time.  He had a very refined way of thinking about monuments, a more enlightened view compared to the people of today.  A writing of his was found where he talks about a Lincoln statue in D.C. and says that there is room for another statue to tell more of the story.  He didn't believe that you could tell the whole story in one monument, it is all about your perspective and what you think.  The statue I am talking about is called Freedom's Memorial and the money for the dedication of the statue came from freed black people, bet those people wanting to tear it down don't know that.  Anyway, here is the article; https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/what-frederick-douglass-had-say-about-monuments-180975225/

This video I'm going to share is very disturbing and goes to show you how dangerous people really can be.  It shows a man choke out an elderly woman and stealing her purse.  It is all caught on video but you can't really see the guys face since he is wearing a mask, just another small problem with making everyone wear masks.  This is very unfortunate and I hope they catch this punk.  Here is that video; yahoo.com/news/elderly-woman-choked-robbed-thief-150739514.html

Here is something I've been thinking about lately, things that scientists just don't know.  Yeah, those people are really smart and everything but they don't know it all, even some things that probably should have been figured out a long time ago.  I'm going to talk about a few things that are not in the list of the webpage I pulled up from Mental Floss.  First one is mentioned in the list but not specifically talked about and that is sleep, we still do not really know why humans need to sleep.  We know that not getting enough sleep can cause certain problems but why do we sleep, that's the real question.  It has been hypothesized that we need sleep to basically recharge ourselves for the next day ahead but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  The next one is closely linked to the first one, yawning.  Most people think that yawning means that the person is tired but that isn't the case, and I can attest to that, I yawn almost uncontrollably and am not tired at all.  I mean, I don't sleep very well but I am not able to fall asleep when I do try to lay down.  So scientists have some things to work, not as if they don't have enough on their plates right now anyway.  Here is that page; https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/567856/common-things-science-hasnt-figured-out

Well that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!




































Comments

Popular Posts