Getting Back to It, October Surprise, Favorite Thing From History, Recent Police Shooting, Despicable Human

Hey there all, hope your Thursday is going great!  My day hasn't been all that bad but for some reason I am about to fall asleep writing this, so I will keep this part short.  Like I said, didn't do anything major today.  Did get in a good workout, mostly just a regular upper body workout since I'm still getting into things.  Still not sure if I will stay with this new gym or not thought.  Think I'm going to go to the Planet Fitness I normally go to and see the friends I've made there, that's when I will decide which gym I'll stick with.  So, time to get into it!

Conspiracy Day!  I'm sure that a lot of you have heard the term "October Surprise", especially relating to U.S. elections and mostly elections for president.  The largest October Surprise in American history has to deal with the 1979 Iranian revolution and the American citizens held hostage by the new Iranian government and those hostages were released after 444 days minutes after the inaguration of Ronald Reagan in 1981.  Many people, especially those on the left thought there had to be something fishy here, mostly because of the accusations of the former national security advisor to President Carter, Gary Sick.  He claims that members of the Reagan and Bush campaign secretly met with Iranian officials to secure the release of the prisoners.  What do I think, I honestly think that the Iranians were fearful of what Reagan would do once he became president.  President Carter had tried to rescue the prisoners in Operation Eagle Claw, I think they could have used a better name than that but that's irrelevant, this of course failed, much like the presidency of Jimmy Carter.  There of course have been other October Surprises in American politics in the past and here is a page that has a few others on it; https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/october-surprises-214320

This happens to be one of my favorite modern history tales out there, the 1907 Peking to Paris auto race, Peking being an older name for the capital of China, Bejing.  I happen to like the name Peking a little more though.  Think how hard this would have been for the men trying to complete this race of over 10,000 miles, especially since the automobile was not very old at this point.  The car had only been around for over 20 years, so technology still hadn't progressed very far by this point.  Plus most of the distance for the race was not even real roads, just some dirt track, if they were lucky.  Why did they even think of this back in 1907, it would be tough to complete even today with paved roads and air conditioning.  I bet you would see some great sights on the trip though, lot of good pictures.  I also think this would make a great movie, we haven't had a good car race movie in a few years, they were big in the 70's and early 80's.  Here is a page on the 1907 Peking to Paris car race; http://www.unmuseum.org/autorace.htm

I wanted to write about this early on but then I thought I should wait until more was found out about everything that went down.  The other day in Atlanta a man, Rayshard Brooks was shot by police after a scuffle that was first caught on bodycam and then shot with a cell phone.  The video is very telling of what happened, he was found asleep and more than likely drunk in a fast food drivethru at Wendys, I say more likely drunk but he may have been on something else.  When the police officer tried to put cuffs on Brooks and that's when he tried to fight off the officer.  The scuffle lasted for a little bit until Brooks took the taser off of one of the officers and pointed it at the two cops on the scene.  Sometime after pointing the taser he was shot while he was running away, this part of the video was blocked by a vehicle so we couldn't see everything that happened.  The cop who fired the shot was fired and is now being charged by the district attorney and there are quite a few people coming out about what he was charged with or how he was charged.  Some people are calling this too political because that DA is up for reelection and thought they needed to be real hard on this so he can get voted back in.  If that is the case then I think the case should be reviewed.  I am not saying that the shooting of Brooks was at all a good thing or something that should have happened, there were other ways of taking Brooks out besides shooting him, at least in my opinion.  The video does show Brooks getting very physical with both of the officers and something should have been done to bring this to a conclusion in a different matter than killing a man.  Ok, I've talked about this enough, here is an article about an ex-NYPD commisioner on this case; https://www.foxnews.com/media/bernard-kerik-atlanta-da-rayshard-brooks-case

It's people like this that make me very angry and makes you really disgusted with society.  On Monday an idiot pushed a 92 year old lady down and she hit her head on a fire hydrant, thankfully she is doing alright now, someone close to the scene called 911 really quick for her.  That helped save her more than anything.  I am surprised nobody tried to stop this horrible person but was later picked up because of video released of him.  This person should have never been let out of jail in the first place, the article said that he has been arrested about 100 times in the past and is a sex offender, that should have kept him locked up by itself.  Hopefully this piece of human trash gets dealt with in jail or somewhere else.  Here is the article to this; https://www.yahoo.com/news/sex-offender-shoves-92-old-105119175.html

That's all for me tonight.  I really hope that every one of you has a great night or day, take care and stay safe!

















































Comments

Popular Posts