Test Results, Reed Richards, New Help With COVID-19, No More WHO Money

Hey there everybody, hope you are doing great!  I am still symptom free and trying to enjoy life while not doing much at all or at least not being able to go out and do stuff.  Weather still hasn't gotten much better here but hopefully by this weekend things will get warmer.  This cold is not great for my arthritis.  Finally got a call from my doc about the CT scan I had of my neck and they said that there wasn't any sign of spinal stenosis but there is a lot of signs from the arthritis in my neck but there really isn't much they can do for me.  Story of my life, not much they can do for me.  Well, I might as well get to it!

MCU Day!  The favorite actor to portray Reed Richards in the MCU has now met with people over at Marvel, that favorite is of course John Krasinski.  In a lot of the art that fans have put out there he would look great as Mr. Fantastic.  Plus I think he looks enough like a scientist to be believable in that part.  So far it doesn't seem like Krasinski's wife, Emily Blunt, has not been brought in to talk about a role as maybe Sue Storm or the wife of Reed Richards.  I think she would be great at this but no matter what it's great news, as we all need some good news right now.  Here is a video on this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJRDWhN2eVA

So there is a "new" treatment that has been proven to help COVID-19 patients on a ventilator called ECMO.  ECMO, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, a process that basically oxygenates the blood outside the body and is then pumped back in by an artificial heart.  Of course it is much more complex than that but you can look it up if you like.  I have heard about this when I was on the vent when I asked what would have happened if they got worse and they said that this was one of the things they would try.  I did have something similar done while I was on the vent, a plasmapheresis, but it's not as serious as ECMO.  But I think this could be looked at to help more patients that are on vents, the only problem is that there are not a whole lot of ECMO machines around, maybe someone could help make a bunch of them.  Anyway, here is the article I found this on; https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-arizona-patient-ventilator-survives-104531736.html

Not going to post an article on this, just my thoughts.  President Trump has now pulled funding from the WHO, a lot of people seem to have a problem about that but I don't.  America is the always the largest donors to this big global things like the United Nations, who I think is pretty useless because where have they been in this global situation, and I think it's time we start to look at that funding and see what we can cut as this crisis is extremely expensive.  I think that China should bear the lions share of the blame with this, the WHO was also complicit, since it is run by a handpicked person from Xi Jinping of China.  Also, the person at the top of the WHO is not a doctor or scientist, not really sure what he is, but it should be either a doctor or scientist.  So basically, I'm good with it.

Well, that's it for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great day or night, take care and stay safe!












































Comments

Popular Posts