I'm Rolling, Bad Technology?, COVID-19 Free, Ancient Trip

Hey there everyone, hope things are going great today!  So my day was pretty boring, just like it's been lately.  It's a lot cooler today and plus that wind was really blowing out there.  I did get out and push around about a mile today, had to take a few different routes because it gets boring seeing the same thing all the time.  I'm starting to get bored of trying to cook new foods, don't really like to cook since getting in the chair even though I liked to cook before the chair.  It's just a logistical problem, much harder to do when you are half as tall, I guess.  Oh well, my freezer is at least stocked with a lot of meat so I'm good in that department for awhile.  Last weekend I bought a 10 pound bag of chicken leg quarters and broke it up and put them in freezer bags.  But anyway, enough about me, time to get to it!

Conspiracy Day!  By now I'm sure that some of you have heard the conspiracy theories about COVID-19, especially the one about it being caused by 5G technology.  I don't believe this theory but I guess you are free to think what you want.  Some of the people pushing this one call back to when other technology was invented and there was a serious health problem going around.  Some of them cite the beginnings of radio with the Spanish Flu of 1918, the emergence of 3G with SARS in 2003 and the start of 4G being used in 2009 with the swine flu.  First that logic is wrong because it is said that the Spanish Flu was brought about by radio waves but radio waves have been around since the 1880's, a full 38 years before the flu started.  Also, how do you explain other pandemics that happened without a new technology like the 1958 Asian Flu or the many cholera outbreaks in the 19th century?  I think this is just a case of people trying to place blame somewhere and not really thinking it through.  That's what I was talking about the other day, people who latch onto things like this usually don't think critically, now some conspiracy theories have been proven true but this one I think doesn't hold up.  Here is an article on it; https://slate.com/technology/2020/04/coronavirus-covid19-5g-conspiracy-theory.html

One good thing about COVID-19, there is one place in the world with zero infections and you can go there, sometimes.  It's North Korea, they say they do not have any infections, even though they are the closest country to China politically and right there geographically.  Take it for what you will, just wanted to say something different on that subject.

Some cool archaeology news here about an ancient trip that almost seems impossible but obviously not.  Some primate teeth were found in Peru that match up to some African monkeys, it's pretty remarkable.  Somehow these monkeys made the almost 900 mile trip from Africa to South America around 34 million years ago.  So I think it goes to show that the primates that reside in South America originate in Africa.  This is really cool stuff.  Here is the article for it; https://phys.org/news/2020-04-ancient-teeth-peru-hint-now-extinct.html

Ok, one more coronavirus related story here, not much else going on in the news I guess.  A candy company is selling hand sanitizer, you think this would be a good thing but the container looks like it's candy, so this probably isn't a good idea.  We don't want kids eating this stuff.  Now they do say on the package that this isn't food but most kids won't see that.  I mean, good for the company making a vital resource but maybe make the packaging look a little different.  Here is the article; https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/2020-04-09-candy-companys-controversial-new-product-has-people-mad-it-makes-no-sense-23974354.html

Well, that's it for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, stay safe and take care!

























Comments

Popular Posts