Another Monday, What I Would Have Liked, Car Talk, Next To Open

Hey everyone, hope your Monday is off to a great start for the week!  So today was a Monday, that's for sure.  One good thing that happened today was that I got my carpets cleaned and it looks so much better!  All the spots where lifted out and it dried pretty quick cause after just an hour it was dry enough for me to roll on it.  One thing, the guy cleaning it liked to talk, I almost thought he wasn't going to get to it.  He was a talker, that's for sure but a really nice guy.  Didn't do much today but did make it outside to roll around about a half mile, really needing to find some different scenery to look at while pushing around.  Oh well, at least the weather is really nice.  So let me go on and get to it!

Star Wars Day!  Now this will be a post about my feelings and ideas so there will not be an article to add.  I'm going to talk about the sequel trilogy, Episodes VII-IX and what I would have liked or things I think could have been done differently.  I'm no film producer or director so I am not saying, in any way, that I could have done a better job than what was done.  I mostly enjoyed the sequel trilogy, more than a lot of other fans, and there is no way we can go back to change what has already been put to paper.  These are just my thoughts, nothing more and nothing less.  The first movie of this trilogy did a good job setting people up but we never really got closure for most anyone they start to set up.  We did get a little closure I guess with Snoke and a little with Rey but the one character I said I really wanted to learn more about was Maz Kanata and we didn't get anything else for her, I know they explored her more in a book or whatever but I wanted to see it on the big screen.  So I was good with The Force Awakens but it really got derailed during the next movie, The Last Jedi.  What we all wanted to see after all these years was for Luke Skywalker to really take it too these First Order guys, see how powerful he had become since Episode VI.  If the Legends books were any indication then he was supposed to be extremely powerful, maybe stronger with the force than Master Yoda and a better swordsman than Mace Windu.  But Rian Johnson decided to go a different way, a way that I was not excited, along with a huge amount of fans, but I still held out hope after they killed off the man who was the last hope of the Jedi order.  But I still held out hope but then came the last installment and pretty much all hope was lost.  Basically they threw away the redemption of Anakin or Darth Vader in Episode VI instead of trying to tell something different.  I would not have made Rey so powerful so early on, Luke should have taught her more in the second take and the main villain for the last show should have been someone we had not really seen yet or maybe someone that was hinted at in the two before the last one.  So those are my three easy fixes but this has gone on long enough and I'm sure you don't really care to hear me jabber on about this.  No matter what I am still a Star Wars fan and can't wait for what's to come!

Before I was in a wheelchair I used to do a lot of things with cars, I used to like to work on them, race them, I was in a car club and did car audio set ups and sells and other stuff with cars.  So I was never a hardcore gearhead, I knew a lot of those people, both guys and girls, but I still pay attention to things happening in the car world.  Something just came out recently that I don't know how to take because I have always held Mustang up as the best American sports car in history but now Ford has decided to go ahead and make an electric Mustang.  This thing is a beast though as it makes 1,400 horsepower and it's labeled as a Cobra Jet, which those are some of the nicest Mustangs out there.  I just don't know, an electric Mustang seems like a far stretch for me.  Kind of like the all electric Hummer that is coming out next year, even though I really do not like the Chevy Hummer, the only good Hummer was the A-1 AMC military style one that couldn't get stuck on anything.  These new electric cars have sick acceleration times and I'm sure this one is no different.  I would be almost afraid to drive it at 1,400 horsepower but it would be a lot of fun.  Here is an article on it; https://www.thethings.com/meet-the-all-electric-1400-horsepower-cobra-jet-mustang/

Looks like the next governor to stand up and open his state up, at least a portion of his state, is Gov. Abbot of Texas.  From the sounds of it he wants to do it the right way, at least what I think is the right way, by not opening everything up at once but is going to open things up in phases.  Resturants, malls and movie theaters are going to open up but can only have 25% of capacity, so for instance if a location has a fire capacity of 100 then 25 can go in and it will be one out and one in kind of thing, having someone outside counting the people coming and going like a bouncer at a bar or a club.  If that county does not have a resurgence of COVID-19 cases then they can increase that up to 50% but it they do have a resurgence then I'm sure it will  either go down or they will shutter all businesses up again.  I think this is a good way to start to open things back up, so at least some people can get back to work and there is something else for people to do.  Only thing I don't like personally is that gyms will be closed for the time being, mostly because that's what I want to open back up but glad to see movie theaters opening up but the bad thing about that is that there isn't anything new coming out unless it's something limited and I probably don't want to watch.  At the theater I go to here in Columbia they show a lot of older movies that haven't been in theaters for a long time, so depending on what is being shown then I will go.  I recently watched Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark and it was a lot of fun.  At least we'll have that.  So here is an article on this; https://news.yahoo.com/texas-loosen-restrictions-malls-movie-212340984.html

That's all for me tonight.  I really do hope that all of you have a wonderful day or night, take care and stay safe!
















































Comments

Popular Posts