New Normal, Coming Up Together, China Should Foot the Bill, Gullible People, Happy Birthday!

Hey there my friends, hope your week is ending in the right way!  Guess my Friday has been alright, just getting used to the new normal, hopefully it doesn't last long like this but it looks like it'll be a few more weeks at the earliest.  Didn't do a whole lot today honestly, besides writing this I was doing some historical research by going back and watching some history videos to catch me up on some stuff.  I always like doing that.  So this weekend I think I'm going to back and watch some movies I haven't seen in awhile, the Bourne series.  I'm only going to watch the main ones that had Matt Damon in them, that one with Jeremy Renner was alright but I really think Damon did a fantastic job as the main character.  Just wasn't for Renner, maybe if they started with him, because I do think Renner does a great job, especially with Hawkeye in the MCU.  So anyway, let me go and get to it!

Wrestling Day!  First I'm going to talk about something I didn't know about and then on to an alternate history wrestling story.  First off, I found out that the wrestler Sting, Steve Borden, owns the right to the name Sting and the singer Sting actually pays Borden for the right to use the name.  He pays $1 a year for that right.  Wonder if he can pay 10 years in advance or something like that.  I would have worked out the deal for at least a free meal once a year, think he can afford it no matter what.  Sting and the Ultimate Warrior came up in the wrestling business at the same time, they were friends and bodybuilding at the time they started wrestling, finding out there is much more money involved in wrestling.  As we all know, once they hit the big time Sting went to NWA/WCW and Warrior went to the then WWF, but what if that was reversed.  Sting was always a much better wrestler than Warrior and really the Warrior didn't stay real long in the WWF as his attitude and work ethic made him hard to work with, plus his lack of in ring abilities.  Sting on the other hand was known as the workhorse of NWA/WCW, especially after his initial work with Ric Flair, but working with Flair will make anyone great.  What if Sting went to WWF and Warrior to NWA/WCW, how would their careers differed?  I think Sting would have had great matches with the likes of Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan and I think WCW would have still imploded and maybe sooner with the Warrior running around.  Warrior probably would have keep some of the big names from signing there as they didn't want to get jobbed out to him and I think more wrestlers would have wanted to go to the WWF because of Sting.  Maybe WWF doesn't have a downturn in 1994/95.  Who knows, Sting could have been champion for longer than Sammartino, he was champ for 7 damn years.  It's something cool to think about.  I don't have an article to link to this, just a random thought I wanted to put to down.  On to the next!

There was an article I really wanted to add and talk about, it was an article by The Washington Post.  The thing is I use an ad blocker on my computer because I'm tired of what can come about from the ads, things like malware or a virus.  It talks about how some republicans think that China should foot the bill for what we have had to do for this COVID-19 problem, since most of it is there fault.  Even if they didn't make this in a lab China totally messed up the world giving out false information about the outbreak and that false information killed a lot of people along the way, not just in America but most every other country.  I guess I can add the article but I am not able to talk about the meat of the article because you have to pay The Washington Post for the chance to read their articles, I'm not paying a dying newspaper to read one article every few weeks, this is the reason why the newspaper industry is falling down, they need to adapt to the current way people consume news and not charge outrageous prices.  Anyway, I'll try to add that here; https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/24/republican-coronavirus-china-xi/

Most people are so gullible, they think that everything President Trump says is to be taken literal when most of the things we all say day to day isn't taken as literal fact.  I, myself like to joke around with people and tell little lies to see if they can catch them.  I think it was yesterday when the president said that he wished we could just consume household disinfectant to get rid of coronavirus, this was a joke and not to be taken literally.  The liberal media is raking him across the coals for this one, he never meant for anyone to actually consume Lysol or anything like that.  But there will be those idiots out there that think maybe they should drink the stuff they clean their counters with and those people will get really sick and some may die but that shouldn't be put on the president.  There wasn't this much outrage against President Obama when he said in his presidential run in 2012 to small business owners, "You didn't build that".  I know those two things are not actually the same but my point still stands.  Many didn't understand what President Obama said, he should have clarified it a little better as a lot of small business owners took it as the president saying that the owners had nothing to do with building their business, when in actuality, they did do probably 99% of the work to build it.  That other 1% is just government regulations that mostly hurt, but that's another topic for another day.  So now companies like Johnson & Johnson are coming out to tell consumers not to imbibe their products, I wouldn't be surprised if because of this there will be a bigger warning about not ingesting their stuff.  Anyway, here is an article; https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/lysol-manufacturer-warns-against-internal-use-after-trump-comments-n1191586

Happy Birthday to the Hubble Space Telescope, it turns 30!  We have had some amazing pictures over the three decades that they telescope has been up and running and I am very thankful for that as it takes photos in great detail.  It takes pics of stuff that we will probably never be able to visit but that's alright, it gives us all a little break from whatever our reality is at the moment and right now we can all use some cool pics to look at.  The telescope has lasted for 30 years now how much longer will it last?  That's something I haven't seen yet, you know how these people like to try to predict what is going to happen, look at all these "models" for this virus outbreak.  Fauci loves to talk about those, even though we shouldn't be worried about those and just focus on the here and now but that's another topic for another day.  Here is a short article on this milestone; https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/24/21234351/hubble-telescope-30-birthday-cosmic-reef-nebula-stars

Here is just a thought that entered my head, think I'll make this a regular thing on here unless someone writes and says how stupid it is and then I'll stop doing it.  But something that has been on my mind lately, mostly because I've been doing some research into history and wars and battles from history is this; How many different treaties of Versailles are there?  The little bit of research I've done into this is that there have been at least 9 different treaties of Versailles, guess it's a good place to sign treaties at.  I wonder if there is like some kind of official building or hall set aside for the signing of treaties, I know there is the Palace of Versailles, which is a really nice place.  The most famous treaty of Versailles would have to be the treaty that ended WWI and in turn gave rise to WWII because of the conditions of it.  I know that there have been a lot of treaties signed in Paris as well but you would understand it more from Paris as that is one of the most important cities in the world, probably in the top 10 somewhere but Versailles, which is a city about 10 miles from Paris and as global cities goes it really isn't that big at 88,000.  Just one of those thoughts, like I said I will include more of these in future blog posts.

Welp, that's it for me today.  I really hope that all of you have a great weekend, take care and stay safe!



































Comments

Popular Posts