Long Push, More Misconceptions, Little Rant, What I Think Should Be Done

Hey there all, hope your Tuesday is going great!  Today wasn't too bad, even though I didn't do a whole lot.  I did get out and pushed a little over a mile for a bit today because it was so nice out, think it got to a high of 80 today but it's supposed to be back down in the 40 for Thursday, lovely Missouri weather.  So anyway, let me get on to it!

History Day!  Today I've decided to talk about a few misconceptions from history, some of you may have learnt these while in school or just heard them from somewhere.  I've talked about misconceptions before but I'll try to touch on two that I haven't talked about then add an article talking about others.  First is a flat earth, or that people in the Middle Ages thought the Earth was flat and not round.  Eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the Earth back in the Ancient days of 200 something B.C., can't find the right date, within about 40 miles of what we think of it today.  So no, everybody knew the Earth wasn't flat back then.  This is a popular one but flat wrong, that the Dutch bough the island of Manhattan for around $24.  First off, the Native Americans that lived there did not believe that a person owned land so they had no right to sell it in their eyes.  Second it was about 60 guilders, sorry but don't know the symbol for that, which is roughly $1,000.  Mostly it was trade though between the two cultures but the Dutch did take it over from them until the British came along.  So, here is that article talking about other misconceptions; https://thebestschools.org/magazine/25-popular-history-myths-debunked/

Little rant I have here about what to do around people in wheelchairs.  I was pushing around the neighborhood one day where there are a lot of hills and an able body stopped their car and got out and tried to start pushing me up the hill.  Don't ever just try to grab and push someones chair unless they ask for help, it's a good way to hit or worse.  So always ask someone in a chair if you can help them with something instead of just going ahead and doing, or it's alright to help if they ask for help but don't just do it, that's an easy way to really up my blood pressure.  Rant over.

This is just going to be my thoughts on something I think might help the current situation.  I think those in the government dropped the ball and they should have been getting COVID-19 tests out to people so we can start up the economy sooner.  Having the United States economy down for this long is not good and will hurt us in the long run, no matter when things get back to some kind of normal operating procedure.  The biggest tests they need to get out is the anti-body tests to see who is immune and can continue to go to work.  Test to see if you have the virus is only going to make it harder on hospitals and other health professionals as more people will come forward with COVID-19.  I did see where some researchers are looking into using synthetic anti-bodies to maybe help slow the progression of the virus and this is a great thing to look into because anti-body treatment would start right way unlike a vaccine.  I'll add the article with a video of the last part; https://www.yahoo.com/news/synthetic-antibodies-might-offer-a-quick-coronavirus-treatment-132122036.html

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care and stay safe!











































Comments

Popular Posts