Good Day, Great Buy, Swatting?, Idiots on the Left

Hey there, I hope the end of your work week is great!  So my day, it has been good, had another hard workout today and think I'm really seeing some progress as to getting stronger in my upper body.  I started doing some 21 workouts again, 21's are a type of barbell curl where you hit all three of the most important areas of the bicep.  It is a little hard to explain just using words so you can easily find it by doing a Google search using '21 bicep curl'.  I've been doing pull ups a lot in the last few months and I think those are also helping a lot.  After the gym I didn't do a whole lot, some writing on the book but not enough and watched the boys for a few hours, so it was a pretty good day.  Well then, I should get to it!

Alternate History Day!  Here is one that people don't think about much, how we purchased Alaska.  I talk about this now since it was in the news recently that President Trump wanted to buy Greenland from Denmark.  I think that would have been great for the country in quite a few areas, mostly through resources we could get from the land and the ocean surrounding it.  One area where it would help is all the jobs it would create, Denmark is not even trying to get those resources out and I know that we would if we owned the island.  Anyway, back in 1867 the Secretary of State, William H. Seward, purchased Alaska from Russia and this was called Sewards folly because nobody thought it would be worth anything.  Boy were they wrong on that, it was one of the best buys we have had in our history.  He paid $7.2 million which equals out to about $122 million now, I think it was a good deal.  Russia was always going to sell the land but what if America didn't buy it, what would have happened?  Probably the next country that wanted to buy it and had the cash was Japan.  Now fast forward to WWII and think of Japan owning land on the same continent as us and how that would go for us in the war.  Japan could have more easily attacked us and Canada at the time and WWII may have been very different.  I am sure that is not something most writers of WWII alternate history haven't taken into account.  It is interesting and maybe something I will venture into to with a book later on.  I don't have any articles or pages for this but I hope you liked it.

"Swatting" is something fairly new to our lexicon and I will add a link to the definition at the end of this.  I just read an article about an Ohio gamer who was sentenced to 15 months in prison for pulling this prank on someone in Kansas, getting that person killed.  This apparently happened about 2 years ago.  I cannot believe that these gamer "kids" pull stuff like this, it is getting too far out of hand.  I do not believe at all that video games are one of the causes of mass shootings but stuff like this is sick and I am glad the judge handed down a harsher punishment than what was suggested.  Here is the article on it and that definition; https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-gamer-sentenced-15-months-200355303.htmlurbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Swatting

These idiot leftists think they need to take the guns away from law abiding citizens, how stupid can you get.  Apparently really stupid as that one idiot who goes by Beto is out there talking about taking your guns away and he thinks that will get him elected.  There are many democratic voters that are law abiding gun owners, I am sure they are not giving up their 2nd admendment right to bear arms so I don't think they would vote for him.  First off, he calls himself Beto so he sounds more Latino and can try to connect with them.  His real name is Robert and O'Rourke is definintly not a Spanish last name.  It's more likely a Scottish or Irish last name.  Of the biggest killers in America, the leading one that isn't some sort of medical problem is road traffic accidents and 13 spots lower than that is violence, but that could be violence in any form from using a gun, a knife or a chainsaw.  What I am saying is that there are far more important things we should be worried about.  Yes, mass shootings are horrible and need to stop and one way to help slow them down is by investing more into helping people with mental health issues.  Sometimes all someone needs is another person to talk to and that may stop any kind of mass killing or causing harm to themselves or someone else.  So cool it with the gun stuff, take care of other stuff first.  Here is an article about that idiot; https://www.yahoo.com/news/o-rourke-hell-yes-were-going-to-take-your-ar-15-013359843.html

Well, that's it for me tonight.  I really hope that you all have a great weekend, take care!







































Comments

Popular Posts