Fine Day, Early Assassination, Big Problem

Hey there all, I hope your Friday is great!  My day has been good, I went to the antique mall with my cousin, it's always fun to look at some old stuff.  One of the nicest pieces there was a 1922 $20 Gold Certificate, my father got me into collecting coins and currency.  I also made it into the gym and did pretty well but didn't stay too long.  I plan on going tomorrow and making up the last few days.  Tomorrow is a pretty big day here in Columbia, the first SEC game and South Carolina is coming to town.  I'm sure they will bring a lot of people here, SEC schools travel well for their football.  So, guess it's time to get to it!

Alternate History Day!  I found a cool webpage that has probable alternate history scenarios and the first one seems very plausible.  The first one has to do with what if George Washington was assassinated during the Revolutionary War.  Many things could have happened, as they mention, muskets were not very good at aiming and hitting their intended target.  So it means that there may have been someone that did aim to shoot Washington but didn't hit him.  We were just really lucky that he lived through the whole thing.  It makes me think, if he was killed then who would have stepped up to be the first president of this country?  I'm not totally sure but there were some people that wanted to make Washington a king and we are thankful that didn't happen as well.  There were many unused designs on the chief executive of the United States.  Ben Franklin suggested that the president should serve 1 7 year term.  He also suggested the turkey to be the national bird, so he wasn't always full of good ideas.  Here is that page; http://www.ericmrozek.com/5-alternate-history-scenarios-extremely-plausible/

It is being called the biggest problem in the country, at least in the article I found.  I think there is other things that are a little higher up but this is a big thing.  That's what it said when I clicked on it and wanted to see what it was and it is meth.  Now I know a few things about meth, I have never done it before but I did live in Macon County for most of my life while it was the meth making capital of the country.  So I knew many people who were on the stuff and it was usually fatal or at least messed you up a whole lot.  I remember people that it would eat their faces away or rot out their teeth, it was disgusting.  But now it is on a comeback in the country because they are making it in Mexico since the ingredients are so easy to get there.  Also, this article talks about how cheap meth is now, which is probably not a great thing to put in an article.  But anyway, here is that article; https://finance.yahoo.com/news/meth-us-big-comeback-145207167.html

Well, that's it for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great weekend, take care!  Be back on Monday!































Comments

Popular Posts