Alright Day, Robert Mugabe, Wrong People, Strong Girl, Stand Your Ground

Hey there all, I hope your day is going great!  My day has been pretty good even though I woke up a little late for me.  I didn't wake up until about 10 till 9 am this morning but I didn't get to sleep until about 2:30 am, so I really didn't get that much sleep last night.  Watching the kids again today and I really am not liking this.  I mean, I love the kids but they test me a whole lot.  It's really bad when I try to get them to go to sleep.  Plus, trying to write this while they are here makes it a whole lot harder.  I guess I'm too old for kids this young, this is what I get trying to help someone out.  My job search, I recently applied for a job as a sports data journalist.  I don't really know much about the job but they say that they do training and the pay for this is reported as $40-$45 an hour, which is really nice.  I also applied for the second location of the gym I go to, Planet Fitness, they are putting in a south location in the old Gerbes building down on Nifong.  I just applied yesterday so I might not hear anything for a few more days about that.  But I will keep all of you updated.  Well, time to get to it!

History Day!  So, Robert Mugabe passed away recently and I thought I would look back at his life.  On the surface, he was a monster to a lot of people in Zimbabwe, where he ruled for the country for 30 years as president and 7 as prime minister.  He ruled with an iron fist and some would say that he ruined the country to where they had the highest ever inflation, I actually have a 100 billion dollar note that I bought for about one U.S. dollar.  I cannot remember what the exact number was for the hyperinflation but it was one of the highest in history.  Now I am not saying that Mugabe only did bad things, there certainly is a lot of bad stuff in his ledger but he did do a few good things.  Mostly like helping to bring the former Southern Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe, out of British rule.  He was just a little misguided by his rule since he believed in Marxist ideas.  He was so power hungry that it led to his downfall in 2017 and then passing away 2 years later.  I guess it's true, those who gain power are wont to give it up.  Some are not though, as we have had many peaceful transfers of power in America.  But it is true of a lot of places, especially in countries where the rulers have almost absolute power.  Power corrupts absolutely, as the saying goes.  Here is an article on the man if you want to learn more about him; https://www.biography.com/news/robert-mugabe-legacy-obituary

This stuff is starting to really get out of control, the 7th person has died from vaping related stuff.  The issue here is not vaping in and of itself but people using illegal things inside the vape, especially when using that illegal thc oil.  There are these people that are loading the vape things, I'll call them pens, with that illegal thc oil and other things like fentanyl or other drugs.  That is the problem, not vaping alone, as I think vaping has helped quite a lot of people stop or at least slow down smoking nicotine.  But the government is bad about this, going after the wrong guys, just like they are doing with the whole opioid issue.  I don't think I need to talk about that again as I have made myself clear about that problem but if you want me to write a refresher I will, just let me know.  Here is an article on this latest death; https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/seventh-person-die-vaping-related-145440400.html

We need more strong boys and girls like this little one over in England.  This 11 year old girl threw a loaf of bread at a man who was trying to rob a grocery store at knife point.  This is a tough young girl, he father was there and got involved also by throwing a few bottles of squash at the man, who left with no money and only shame.  I'm sure this guy will get laughed at by all the other criminals in that area, he never got caught by police.  His best course of action is to move far away or otherwise his criminal buddies will laugh him to death.  Here is the article; https://www.yahoo.com/news/worthing-armed-robber-bread-throwing-185354636.html

I read this whole article and I think that the man who shot the intruders should not be charged with anything, he was defending himself and the others there.  The story goes, there were three people standing in a yard when three masked people came up to them, at least one of them had a gun when the man in the yard who would have been either robbed or killed shot them.  It was a case of you or me or stand your ground.  It is terrible that it was three teens aged 15 and 16 but they were obviously up to no good and it was deserved.  Hopefully I remember to check back a little later and see what happens.  Here is that article; https://www.yahoo.com/news/homeowner-kills-three-teens-possible-164835148.html

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!





































Comments

Popular Posts