Busy Day, Great General, Criminals Will Still Get Guns No Matter What

Hey there all, I hope your day is going great today!  My day has been alright, this was the first day were I watch the kids most of the day.  Ok, at least a good portion of the day and it is making things a little harder for me.  I started watching them today around 12:30 and she will pick them up when she gets off work at 10.  Almost 10 hours and really it has been pretty tough for me, I think we are going to have to talk about this as I am not sure I can do this every day during the week, maybe I can 2 or 3 days during the week but we are going to need to talk about this soon.  It's a lot harder on my body than you would think but then again I'm 39 and don't have kids of my own so I am not used to this.  The little one you have to watch him all the time and tell him to not do that, don't touch that and it's very mentally challenging.  So anyway, let me get to it!

History Day!  One of my favorite commanders throughout history, Napoleon Bonaparte.  This article I pulled up did a good job of quickly referencing his life but also kind of glossing through some things.  The biggest gloss over was about his invasion of Russia.  This is the reason why people have said to never fight a land war in Russia, especially in the winter.  A land war in Asia is a tough proposition anyway and when you are facing Russia in the winter then you have an almost zero chance of coming out of that alive.  The army Napoleon commanded was said to be the largest ever assembled,I disagree with some of that as I think the army put forth by the Persian Empire against Athens was a little larger, not to mention some of the armies of China in their wars.  But anyway, the aim of this invasion was not to just defeat Russia but to make them agree to not trade any longer with Britain and to help Poland out a little bit.  The article also did not talk much about him coming back from being put out on the island of Elba, where he came back and took back the reins of power in France for 100 days.  When he did come back into power the other powers of Europe had to create another coalition to defeat him at Waterloo and sent him to an island even further away in St. Helena in the south Atlantic.  He is one of the most interesting people from history to write about and if you or someone you know needs to do a paper on an important historical figure, I think he is one of the best to talk about.  Here is the article I found on him; https://www.livescience.com/napoleon-bonaparte.html

This is a great case of how background checks will not stop anything.  The west Texas shooter had purchased a firearm from a private seller and was not able to get one legally since he failed a background check before.  There are all kinds of ways to get around those checks, private sales, gun shows or the criminals favorite one, steal the guns.  There are plenty of guns out there for sale on the black market where the serial number had been scratched out so the gun can never be traced.  So there are all kinds of ways for bad guys to get guns but then you have these idiot politicians who want to take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens, if they take away the guns from all the good guys then the only people with guns will be the government and bad guys.  That would be worse than shooting yourself in the foot.  Here is an article about that Texas shooter; https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/03/us/west-texas-shooter-gun/index.html

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!














































Comments

Popular Posts