Stormy Day, The Most French Thing Ever, Netflix Over?

Hey there all, I hope your day is going great!  My day went alright, I did make it to the gym today but did not do as much as I was thinking I would do.  A lot of that was because I wanted to miss all the rain that was coming this way.  They said it was going to be pretty bad and I didn't want to get caught out there.  There were reports of a tornado over in Callaway County, not real far from where I am but it seems to have mostly blowed threw here pretty quick.  I promise I will do even more tomorrow to make up the lost time.  Time is a weird thing because it is something you cannot ever make up because it is always moving forward.  I also don't want to talk about this too much or I will get stuck in a time loop and never get that time back so I will continue.  So, let me go and get to it!

History Day!  So I watched a good history video today, it is titled The Most French Thing Ever and I have to agree for the most part.  Starting in the 19th century there was a sewer system put under the city of Paris, which is a huge city, spread out very wide.  The sewer system is basically a model of the town above it, where even the streets above have the same names down below.  The French seem to love to be below ground as soon tours were conducted through the sewers in boats.  Guess the French people stunk so bad that they would go down to the sewers to get away from the stench.  Not far from the sewers is the Catacombs, the famous resting place of around 6 million Parisians.  The Catacombs were built because of the overflow of Paris cemeteries.  If you want to check it out, here is that video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvy0Vy4kz6Q

Seen this on my phone earlier but Netflix now has 175 days to do something big or otherwise it will end.  The reasoning for this is that Disney is going to start Disney+ in 175 days and when Disney does start that up then it will pull all of it's content from Netflix.  Disney is not the only one to do this as NBC is already pulling things like the Office from Netflix for their own steaming service.  Netflix has been spending big bucks on it's own original shows but nothing has quite caught on like anything Disney has done lately or HBO with Game of Thrones.  If Netflix comes out with something as good as those two then maybe they will make enough money to stay around.  I for one will be leaving Netflix once Disney+ comes out for a lot of reasons but one big one is that Disney+ will start out at $6.99 while Netflix is $12.99.  I think that price point will be a big thing for a lot of people as well.  Guess we will see how many people jump from Netflix in November when Disney+ drops.  Well, I did find the article after looking for a little bit and I will add it here, enjoy; https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephenmcbride1/2019/05/21/netflix-has-175-days-left-to-pull-off-a-miracle-or-its-all-over/#475f0b8a75c4

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a wonderful night or day, take care!

































Comments

Popular Posts