Fine Day, Agreeing With AOC, Next War, Next Rambo

Hello everyone, I hope your Thursday is going great!  My day has gone pretty good, didn't really do much special.  I made it to the gym and now I have to start using these weights to use as chocks to block my wheels while I am using the pulley machine doing different things.  It is kinda tiring but it's just something I have to do.  Just another thing different a wheelchair user has to do.  I was talking with a friend about that stuff, always knowing how to move or turn, it's something you just inherently learn after getting in a chair.  There is no real way to explain it to a person who has never been in a chair but something that almost comes naturally when you have to do it.  The body is amazing and if it has to do something it can and will.  So anyway, let me get to it!

Something happened today that no person that pays attention to politics thought would ever happen, Ted Cruz agreed with AOC.  I hate to say this but I agree as well, that was really hard to write.  It is about former members of Congress becoming lobbyists, that they shouldn't be able to.  At the end of her tweet about this issue she said that a long time should be put in place after they leave Congress.  I think there should be a full-time ban.  I am not going to talk a whole lot about this, I'll just add the article; https://www.yahoo.com/news/aoc-and-ted-cruz-find-common-ground-on-lobbying-ban-210829011.html

Years ago, when I was at the University of Missouri, I said that this place would be the next big war in the Middle East, between Saudi Arabia and Iran.  These two countries hate each other and it runs really deep, Saudi Arabia is Sunni Muslim and Iran is Shiite Muslim.  That has been talked about a lot in this country but for those that don't know, I won't go into it a whole lot.  Sunni Muslims and Shiite Muslims really do not like each other, even going to wars against each other.  It all goes back to the beginnings of Islam and a split happened.  It seems that the King of Saudi Arabia, King Salman Abdul Aziz has called a three day conference to talk about Iran being more aggresive in the region against the Gulf Cooperation Council, the countries that surround the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf.  So don't be surprised if this spills over into all out conflict, of course America would side with Saudi Arabia.  But who would side with Iran, Russia?  Anyway, here is that article; https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/05/saudi-king-blasts-iran-naked-aggression-gulf-190530200800718.html

So this was a movie I had forgot about coming out this year, the new Rambo movie called Last Blood, which is a play on the first Rambo movie called First Blood.  I have to say, I am pretty impressed with Stallone doing this at 72 years old, he moves better than a lot of people half his age, better than me and I'm 39.  I have watched some of his workouts and man, he can still hit the gym hard.  One of my favorite Stallone movies that is really underrated, maybe for a good reason, was Over the Top, the movie where he was an arm wrestler.  I had heard for that movie he would actually go around to truck stops or places where truckers hung out to arm wrestle them and do work for the movie, I love that kind of commitment to a craft.  He could probably beat me at arm wrestling and he is almost twice my age.  Here is the trailer for his new movie, looks good; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr5HcAi6GmY

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!
























Comments

Popular Posts