Alright Day, Teacher Pays, Bad Drug, A Real Hero, 2020 Prediction

Hey all, I hope your day is going great!  My day went alright and I did make it to the gym today.  I forgot my gloves today and it made me feel naked.  So if anyone was staring at me then I guess I can understand today.  It's like a friend of mine that if he forgets his watch then he feels naked since he always has that thing on.  I always wear my Medic Alert and never forget that when leaving the apartment so I would feel weird if I left it at home.  But I made it and did a pretty tough biceps workout.  While I was doing some hammer curls I smashed my right middle finger, that stung for a little while.  I took a bit of a break after that and stayed away from free weights for a bit.  Then a little later I got an oil change, finally got a coupon in the mail.  They told me when it got done that I saved about 30 bucks with that coupon, it was for a full synthetic oil change and a tire rotation.  Hope I get another coupon in about 3 or 4 months.  Well anyway, time to get to it!

Here is something I just ran across and thought this was wrong and something I should write a little bit about.  Things are just strange in California, I am sure this stuff goes on in other places but I didn't run across those stories but then again this is from California state law.  A teacher out there that came down with breast cancer now has to pay for her own substitute teacher.  I don't think that is right even though I understand that they have their own rules but rules are meant to be bent and especially for a situation like this.  This lady has enough to worry about but they decided to put this on her also, no wonder why people do not want to go into teaching.  Besides the low pay, stuff like this runs young people away from becoming a teacher.  Something needs to change.  Here is the article so you can read about it and make up your own mind; https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/09/health/teacher-breast-cancer-substitute-pay-trnd/index.html

This story is very serious and wanted to write about it.  It has to do with a drug that treats type 2 diabetes called a sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitors, this can cause a condition called Fournier gangrene.  This is a serious condition that is life threatening and affects the genitals.  I will let you read the article as it goes into everything better than me writing about it, it's pretty scary stuff but here it is; https://wgntv.com/2019/05/09/diabetes-drug-may-cause-infection-that-destroys-genitals-study-warns/

Sometimes the kids are the smarter ones in the room and this time they surely were.  There was another terrible school shooting this week over in Colorado,  I will not talk about what happened with the actual school shooting, I am sure you have heard more about it in the news the last few days than you would like, I am talking about what happened at a vigil that was held for the hero kid that tackled the shooter to help save other students.  That kid was a hero in the highest honor, forsaking his own safety to save others and I hope he rests in peace.  There was a vigil the students held for him to celebrate his life and it turned ugly when people started giving speeches about stopping gun violence, this is a big reason why I hate the left because they hijack these kind of events to try and push their own agenda.  This was supposed to be a sweet time to remember the young boy who saved so many but was turned into a terrible spectacle.  When people started giving those speeches most if not all of the students walked out, showing their frustration with the proceedings.  Here is an article with a video; https://www.yahoo.com/gma/colorado-students-walk-school-shooting-vigil-turns-political-210900053.html

Here is a little personal opinion about the 2020 presidential race.  I think that the so called Never Trumpers will try to find someone who can run and take votes away from President Trump.  I think that would be a mistake unless they really want the democrats to win.  Because that's the only outcome if they find someone to run up against President Trump.  Also, since there are so many people running on the democrat side that I think one or more will try to get the nomination for the Independent nomination.  There are already 20 people running on the democratic side and I think that for the ones that don't get the democratic nomination or the Independent nomination will try to form their own "third" party and that will just totally mess up the democratic vote.  Liberals will not know what to do.  I think it would be funny but I don't really want to see funny with my presidential vote and want to see a fair election.  Guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Well, that is all for me tonight.  For some reason I am very tired.  I hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!





































Comments

Popular Posts