Not Writing, Weird Voices, Decriminalizing Weed, Part City to Close Stores

Hey everyone, I hope your weekend is starting out good!  Sorry I did not write last night, just didn't feel it, wasn't very creative last night and was pretty tired for some reason.  I didn't do a whole lot yesterday to get tired.  I did make it to the gym yesterday and this morning so that makes 5 days this week.  I won't be going on Sunday since it is Mothers Day and I am going back up to Macon for a little bit.  Thought that would be a nice thing to do for Mothers Day.  Hopefully I can make that trip tomorrow as I am not feeling too good right now, it's cause I have not gone number 2 for about a week now, I'm so impacted now.  I have not had cramps like I had a few days ago, it was so bad at that time, but my bowels feel so full and nothing wanting to happen that it really hurts.  Exercise is supposed to help but has not done a lot for me.  I've also been eating a lot of fiber too but that doesn't seem to help me much.  Oh well, hopefully I will go soon.  Anyway, let me get to it!

So a lot of you know that I don't listen to music while I drive and would rather listen to talk radio or sports radio.  One of the talk stations we have around here is KBIA, it is the local NPR station, so basically left leaning radio.  I am all for having a left and right radio stations for here so people can choose what they like.  The big problem I have with this station is how soft they talk, you have to turn up the volume about 10 more than the other stations because they talk so low.  From what I know it is a thing for people that are more liberal to be soft talkers.  Not sure why and it is kind of frustrating when you turn to another station without turning down the volume.  Does anyone know why they talk so much lighter?  Does it have to do with liberals not liking anything masculine?  It is probably a question we will never know the answer to.

For those of you reading this that live in North Dakota, congrats!  Your state has now decriminalized marijuana.  Decriminalizing is very different from marijuana legislation where it is legalized.  It is not legal to use, buy, sell or whatever but does not carry as harsh as punishments used to be.  The article will be able to give you better info than what I can put here so I will go on and add that; https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/5/10/18563776/north-dakota-marijuana-decriminalization-legalization

Alyssa Milano is trying to stay relevant as hard as she can.  She is calling for a "sex strike" in retaliation to the abortion bill in Georgia.  First she had called for Hollywood to boycott the state but that didn't really work because Hollywood has a great relationship with the state of Georgia and there are many studios there.  Keep in mind that Georgia is not the only or the first state to adopt an abortion law like this, so I don't know why she is focusing on Georgia.  Maybe Georgia had done her wrong in the past, she has been an "actress" since the 1980's.  I think that is why she is so bitter because she hasn't really been relevant since Who's the Boss went off the air in 1992.  Since then she has been in a few handfuls of B movie schlock, ones where she exposes her breasts.  I didn't think she had much weight in the whole argument for the #MeToo movement really, mostly because of her past work in Hollywood.  But I guess do whatever makes you happy, right?  Well, here is an article on the whole ordeal; https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/alyssa-milano-calls-sex-strike-193239518.html

If you are a fan of Party City then I have some bad news for you, they are closing around 45 stores soon because of a shortage of a valuable material.   There is a worldwide shortage of helium, it is for a lot more than blowing up party balloons though.  It is an important factor in MRI machines and from what I have seen that seems to be the highest use for the resource.  Now I will admit, I have no idea how helium is found, I am sure it is not mined like you do for gold or diamonds, so I have no clue about where it is located.  One thing that might help fix this issue is if we can mine asteroids or other near Earth objects, then we would have way more resources than we know what to do with.  I'll be honest about that also, I have zero clue about mining asteroids, I just heard about it somewhere and it sounded cool.  It would be awesome if we could ever do that.  Here is an article about the closing of those stores; https://gizmodo.com/the-global-helium-shortage-has-gotten-so-bad-party-cit-1834680067

Well that's it for me tonight.  I really do hope that all of you have a wonderful night or day, take care! 












































Comments

Popular Posts