Venom Spoiler Review

So, here is my Venom spoiler review.  They made sure to drive the point home that this was in association with Marvel, showing it at the beginning two times.  I decided to do a spoiler review since the movie has been out for a few weeks now so if you have not seen it, be warned, SPOILERS AHEAD.

First off, Venom was a good movie, plain and simple, not just a good comic book movie.  I enjoyed my time sitting in the theater by myself, it probably would have been better with a full crowd there or at least a few friends but I really liked it.  I would suggest you go watch it if you like comic book movies or good movies in general.  Ok, on to substance.  The movie picks up with Eddie Brock, showing him as a serious journalist and I like the montage of stuff they put in there.  It does feel at times that it is taking a little longer to get to the Venom stuff but it really picks up after that.  Before that though, they do a good job showing who Carlton Drake is and what type of person he is.  He thinks that this world is heading to an early grave and is trying to find other planets or places in space where humans can settle, so he has some similarities with Thanos, kinda.  Then it shows him as more sadistic, killing volunteers that don't know what they signed up for.  A little before this though it shows Eddie and his fiance, Anne, having dinner and talking about why he had to leave New York.  I am sure that part was put in there because of something Kevin Feige or someone said at Marvel to keep continuity going.  So that was probably my favorite part of the movie.  A little bit later in the movie Drake gets a symbiote and then has a discussion with it.  The symbiote tells Drake that they need to go up and get the rest of his people and bring them to Earth to take over this planet.  I did love the part where they take Brock out in the woods to shoot him but Anne shows up with the Venom symbiote to save him, she looked just like She-Venom from the comics, straight from the pages.  Now, this leads to the final fight between Venom and Riot, the other symbiote, and my only gripe with the movie was that they both looked very similar and it was sometimes hard to tell them apart.  But I did enjoy it overall and I must say that if you go, stay to watch the end credits scenes. 

Well, I would love to talk about it with anyone, hope you all are doing great!

































Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry son you know I don't get into your kind of movie ,but I'm glad you got out and enjoy.

Popular Posts