Good Day, History Day, Bad Guy Served, Presidential Rally Here

Hey there everyone, I hope you are doing good today!  So my day, it's been good so far, it is almost over.  I really did not do a whole lot but I tried to get some things together in my head, like how best to use my time everyday.  Lately I have been waking up around 8 am, I would like to wake up earlier but I cannot bring myself to get out of bed before that.  So that is the start time I am going to work with and maybe I should work on things like my writings in the morning before I really start my day, I think that works good.  I started thinking about this because I had seen my psych today and we talked about this for most of the session, we didn't even bring up my big problem, my loneliness and lack of opportunities.  Which was a nice change of pace for me.  I need to work on some of this smaller stuff to figure out the bigger things.  So I am getting certian things together now and will be working on it starting tomorrow.  I hope I am a little better this winter season, which unofficially begins on the 1st of November to the end of March.  We have a long winter season here in Missouri and it can get colder here than it gets in some places far north.  Hopefully NOAA is right saying we should have a warmer winter.  So, let me get into it!

History Day!  So on my history blog over at lifeinachairblog.wordpress.com I wrote about different alternate history ideas that I might be cooking up to write in book or short story form.  One of my favorite topics in alternate history, shortened to ah from now on here, is the story of, what if the Vikings had stayed in North America?.  I studied the Vikings in college and I think this would be a great scenario that would make a good movie or a show on something like Netflix.  Just think of how things would be different if the Vikings were able to stay in Canada, what would that country look like now, would what we know as the United States of America be the same or even similar?  Very interesting if you really think about it.  One of my other favorite ah topics would be, what if Britain had colonized all of what we know as China?  Would that country be communist now or would they be much different if England had taken over the country.  This scenario would also make a great movie or show, it would probably be better as a show because you could tell a better story with a show than you could with a 2 hour movie.  It would be nice if Hollywood would get the ah bug to make some new movies that may have never even been thought of yet. 

We all know that prison can be a pretty tough place especially for someone as high profile as "Whitey" Bulger.  Bulger was caught again recently and put back in prison for a whole host of crimes, he helped run all or most of the criminal activity in and around Boston.  There was a movie loosely based on him called The Departed.  The Departed is still one of my favorite movies of all time.  Anyway, I think it was yesterday but he was killed in prison in West Virginia.  Personally, I don't really care because it saves the state and federal government some money.  I know I should not tease something like that but I think it is horrible how much it is to house an inmate in prisons, especially a maximum security prison.  I have seen somewhere upwards of $70,000 a year.  That is a lot more than I and a whole lot of people make in a year.  I say, if they are that bad just let em rot.  Here is a video about this story; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw08lm6GfxQ

So I guess that the president will be here in Columbia on Thursday and the city still has not figured out parking.  He is going to make the appearance at the Columbia Airport just south of town.  I am not going to the rally but I am sure there will be a huge number of people out there and I am sure that there will be a whole lot of people coming from out of town so I am sure that traffic will suck around that time.  I am not even sure what time he is supposed to be here yet.  Kinda cool that Air Force One is going to be landing at my local airport, that's cool. 

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!





























Comments

Popular Posts