Jaw Pain, Irony in History, Don't Build Here

Hello all, I hope things are going great today!  My day has not been too bad, although something new popped up today and I am not sure what exactly it is but it has to do with my right jaw at the hinge point.  It hurts when I yawn or open my mouth up to maybe take a bite sometimes, now the pain is running down my neck.  I think if it doesn't get to feeling better in a day or two then I will probably go get it checked out.  At least the weather was a little bit nicer over the last few days, the average high was over 60 after some days in the 30's and 40's.   I didn't sleep real well last night so I am going to go on and get to it!

History Day!  Here is a little something from my history blog over at lifeinachairblog.wordpress.com, my last post had to do with ironic moments in history.  It's the early 1970's and there is a new craze sweeping the country, jogging, it was considered a healthy thing to do even with no scientific research to back it up, people just wanted to get out and jog I guess.  It was a very different time, anyway, before this there were competitive walking competitions, those must have been great to go out and see.  Anyway, the man at the head of this craze was Jim Fixx and he would jog everyday while eating a low fat diet.  One morning in 1984, Jim was getting ready to go for a jog and out of nowhere he had a heart attack that killed him.  It was later revealed that his arteries were severely blocked,  Maybe jogging isn't such a great thing.  Gotta feel bad for the guy, thought he was just doing the right thing for his health.

That damage that happened from Hurricane Michael is being blamed on lax building codes.  You know what the problem really is, the state should have never let people build, especially that close to the coast.  I have said this for a very long time, stop letting people build houses or whatever that close to the shore.  All that does is give a lot of heartache to those that lost ones.  Well, here is an article so you can make your own mind up; https://www.npr.org/2018/10/17/658156093/after-michael-a-call-for-stricter-building-codes-in-floridas-panhandle

Sorry for such a short post but I am really tired.  I really hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!



























Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello Steven,I just got done reading your blog.I don't know what could be going on with your jaw. I do remeber reading or hearing about the man that died from jogging,and eating right . I was just a teenager then ,I didn't think to much of it till I read to died from a heart attack. I always thought in gym in school they were trying to kill us.And I guessed I was right.
I don't see way any state would let any body build a resort or house so close to the shore line,and if you did you were just asking for trouble. There is not alot we can do about the weather.I could just image the beach and the ocean would be a lovely place to live,but you could always go and spend a day enjoying it. But want I don't like is my insurance on our home going up all the time. They will tell you your rates went up because of all the claims they had.And I would say I didn't turn ant claims in. No BUT we had to pay out on a lot of claims. So why do they keep letting them rebuild there or in a flood zone ? That all I ask.

Popular Posts