Alright Day, The Black Death, Outbreaks, James Gunn News

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well!  My day is going alright, did not do much fun today.  I did go see my friend, which is always nice.  The weather here was kinda crappy, it has threatened rain all day but we really have gotten any.  From the radar it looks to have gone north, the wind was coming out of the south all day.  We need the rain but they were calling for things like hail and tornadoes, I'm happy to stay away from that stuff.  Still did not get my new tires in the mail, hopefully it'll be here in a few day.  Sorry to keep this part short but let's get into it.

I will talk soon about some newer health problems going on right now but I want to talk about one of the largest cullings of human beings there has ever been, the Black Death.  This is a disease that is carried on fleas and rats and is home aboard ships that were used for trade with the Middle East.  This disease came into Europe through the ports of Venice, who was one of the biggest trading empires of the time.  Europeans had never seen anything like this before and did not know what to do, a lot of it comes down to how they looked at diseases at the time, thinking they were "odors" that came out of the body.  The only thing they had right about an "odor" was that it was carried sometimes through the air.  Of course now a days you can easily treat the black plague with antibiotics but you should remember to limit the amount of antibiotics you take or otherwise the bugs you have will become resistant to those drugs. 

So right now there are two different epidemics going on, I know the CDC has called what is happening down in L.A. an epidemic but not sure about the sickness that's going around in Minnesota though.  In L.A. there is a run of Typhus going around and I will add articles for both.  The type of Typhus that is down in Los Angles is Murine Typhus which is spread by fleas.  There have been, according to the article I read, 57 cases in the city.  Hopefully this does not spread any further.  Now, onto Minnesota, they are seeing an outbreak in a polio type virus called Acute Flaccid Melitis, or AFM for short.  I have a condition similair to polio, GBS but this only affects younger kids and it seems that 6 have been infected recently.  This sounds to be way more rare than what I have, affecting 1 in over 1 million.  I am pulling for those kids and wish them the best.  Here are those articles; https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/08/health/typhus-epidemic-los-angeles-bn/index.htmlhttps://www.livescience.com/63779-rare-poliolike-illness-minnesota-afm.html

Oh no, here comes DC.  The big news when it comes to them is that James Gunn is reportedly in talks to write and direct Suicide Squad 2.  If he does then watch out, it might be a lot better.  If anyone can help fix the Warner Bros. DC universe it is James Gunn.  I thought that if DC picked him up to do some work then there movies might be a little better.  I think it is good, DC has some of the greatest comic characters of all time and I want to see them done correctly on the big screen.  I just hope they don't overwork the man to death.

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great day or night, take care!




































Comments

Popular Posts