Hello everyone, sorry I am writing a little later but I really forgot and once you hear what kind of day I have had you will understand why, at least I hope you do.  So today started out like most days, with a lot of pain until I can take some pain meds.  The morning was ok but I noticed that when I went to transfer to use the restroom that my right leg would not lock out all the way.  I did not think much of it and went along with my day.  I had a doctor appointment with my psych at 1 so I go to leave for that, then when I got to the office I tried to transfer out of the van when it started to go wrong.  I was getting my chair out when I lost the grip because I was falling and dropped the chair and it went sideways.  Luckily there was a nice young lady that seen what happened and put my chair up so I could get into it.  I thanked her profusely.  The appointment went alright, I did not argue too much but I did let her know that I was in a lot of pain and told her what was happening.  She thought that I might be headed for a power wheelchair, to which I replied that I absolutely did not want to be in a power chair because it would make me fat and lazy.  Among other things.  The after the appointment I went out to my van to see a young lady standing by it.  She had hit my van while backing up.  My van was not really hurt at all in the encounter but her vehicle suffered a big dent in her back bumper so I felt a little bad for her because I did not sustain any damage.  She had called the campus police for the University of Missouri so we had to wait for him.  We exchanged info just in case her insurance people wanted to get a hold of me.  Not a big deal.  Then I went to the store to get a few groceries because I wanted to stay home all weekend to let my leg heal.  When I had gotten there I was getting out, I was able to get my chair down alright but I fell to the ground while trying to get into it.  Luckily there were some nice people that came over to help me out and I was able to get into my chair.  I shopped and then left, I was able to transfer alright back into the van but was worried about what would happen when I had to get back out.  I pulled up to my place and attempted to get out when I fell again.  Lucky for me there was a nice man that was working on one of the apartments that helped me back up.  So, what is going on is that my right knee will not lock when I stand which means I have to put the majority of my weight on my left leg and my left leg is not locking real great so I have to try to stand with my knees bent while transferring and that does not work very well.  In all, today has not been a good one.

Last night I went with my cousin to watch the new Planet of the Apes movie.  It was really pretty good, I liked the story that they told.  I recently read an article about the history that was outlined in the first book and the timeline.  The timeline is really hard to follow because there are time warps that you have to just accept and alternate universe theories abound.  It is a little confusing but I really like this new movie series that they have done.  I wish they would revisit the original movies with Charelton Heston.

Also, one last thing before I go.  I have not set it up yet but am thinking of doing a Go Fund Me account for the service of getting my book published.  Just a thought and I will let you all know what I am doing.

That is all for tonight, I hope you all have a great day or night, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts