I am back and want to talk about something that is working out for me.  Over the past year or more my pain levels have gone up considerably, mostly because of the Scheuermanns in my back leading to arthritis.  There are so many different types of arthritis out there and I cannot remember the type I have but in any event, it's not much fun.  But recently, by changing pain doctors, because I had an issue with the one I had before.  Basically he was an idiot and did not listen to anything I had said.  Now I am on a pain regiment that seems to be working at keeping my pain mostly away.  I don't think there is a way to lower my pain to a 0 or anything less than a 4 but I have been at a 5 or 6 quite a lot because of the new pills I am on.  I am taking MS Contin and Oxycodone.  The oxy is good for breakthrough pain and the morphine is good for pain managment, the morphine lasts around 8 hours at a time.  One thing that doctors where concerned of when taking opioids are that you will become addicted to them, but since I do not have any adrenaline then I cannot become addicted.  So that's a plus for me.  These are working great for me now but I am sure that I will need to do some sort of cycling.  Which is changing out pain medicine because your body gets used to it and is no longer effective.  Hopefully that doesn't happen for a while because I am doing good with what I have right now.


Comments

Popular Posts