Hi there, I am back to talk about the third party candidates.  There are way to many for me to list but I am going to write about the two major candidates today, Gary Johnson(L) and Jill Stein(G).  The L is for Libertarian and the G is for the Green Party.  These two are the representatives of the two major third parties that are running for president in 2016.  There are of course more people that are running but they have not garnered enough to get onto ballots in more than 20 states.  20 states is what is typically the threshold to reach that magic 270 electoral votes.  There are too many of those that are on less than 20 states ballots to write about so I am going to just stick to these two.  

I have done a lot of reading today on Gary Johnson and Jill Stein and what is their position on the major issues facing the United States.  There was a lot that I did not know about these candidates before today but I think I figured out who I like in the third party system but will a third party win the election?  I do not want to seem like I am throwing my vote away.  Not saying I would not vote for a third party, just not yet.  

Gary Johnson, he seems like a pretty good candidate and has spoken about what he believes a lot.  Enough to make me like him a little for president.  He was the governor of New Mexico from 1995-2003.  This here is a good website to find out what Gary Johnson supports http://2016election.procon.org/view.source.election.php?sourceID=13898.  One thing that I thought he would be for but is not is removing the tax exempt status from religious institutions.  This may get me in trouble with some people but I think that the tax exempt status should be taken away.  I know that it is not in the constitution but there is supposed to be a separation of church and state in the country and have a tax exemption like that proves the opposite.  He seems to be very fiscally conservative, which is what I consider myself to be.  He is also for limited government, which is something I support as well.  Cannot recall which founding father said this but I think the quote goes like this; "The government is best that governs the least".  I have always liked that quote since I heard it in high school.  So, if I was to vote third party I think I would go with Gary Johnson.

So next up is Jill Stein, the Green Party nominee for president.  From what I read on Stein, which was not as much research than I did on Gary Johnson to be honest, is her headline from up in North Dakota where she was protesting the new pipeline.  I do not know much about the issue so I cannot speak on it very much but she does have a warrant out for her arrest for spray painting a bulldozer there.  Also, something I believe she had said recently, that she would not have assassinated Osama Bin Laden.  I think that is a wrong move on her part.  I do not think that we could have brought him to America or Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.  He would never have gotten a fair trial or anything of the sort and I do support President Barack Obama on that point.  From what I have read on her I would not support her candidacy for president.

I think I will make this a daily thing and write about something, not always politics, so I will hopefully see you all tomorrow.  Take care.

Comments

Popular Posts