Post 19

So, not much new happened with me today.  I do have the place to myself since my roommate went home for the weekend.  That's nice, I guess.  I am still working on plans for my eventual return into the public sphere.  On another note, I did read some things that made me question a presidential candidate today.  I read an article about Gary Johnson and his plans if elected.  It was an economic plan.  I am no economic mastermind so I did not understand the finer points of the article but I did pay attention to what the professionals were talking about.  That his plan, although does sound good one paper, would lead to higher unemployment.  He wants to come in and balance the budget, I believe that would be a good thing, but how you get there is the problem.  From what I deduced from the article is that he wants to, in his first year, cut spending by 20%.  That sounds good but it depends on how you do it.  There are a lot of ways to cut 20% of spending out of the budget, and how he would implement his plan is where it starts to fall apart.  I will put a link to the article at the end of this blog post.  Another thing I learned recently from talk radio is that Gary Johnson supports Black Lives Matters movement.  Take that as you will but that could hurt him in a general election.

So how did I find that nugget of informaton on talk radio, because that is all I listen to while driving.  For those of you that know me, I am not a fan of music so I tune into talk radio.  In the morning there is a good local radio show I listen to during the week.  If that makes me strange, so be it, I happen to like learning about new things and talk radio has no end of good things to learn from.  The station I listen to in the moring, for those of you who would like to know, is 93.9 fm The Eagle.  I also listen to sports talk radio as well, just wish my antenna could reach to Kansas City so I could pick up the a.m. station that has Chiefs football talk on there.

Well, that is all I have for tonight.  Everyone, have a great night.  Thank you for reading.  Here is the link.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/09/22/libertarian-presidential-candidate-gary-johnson-is-friendly-and-seems-pretty-moderate-but-then-theres-this/

Comments

Popular Posts