Back to Basics

So I spoke to my mother today and she gave me some advice, good advice.  Like a good boy I always listen to my mother.  To go back to talking about my struggles and daily life in the wheelchair, hence the name of the blog, Life in a Chair.  So that is what I will do.

The last week of August I get some mail that says it is time for me to renew my license for van, everyone that has a handicapped plate has to register in September, no matter what.  So I went to one of the happiest places, the DMV.  The young lady I spoke to told me I had to have a letter from my doctor stating that I am handicapped.  I was kinda pissed about this because, as I told the lady, you can clearly see that I am in a wheelchair and also you can see my vehicle through the front door and tell that the plates are handicapped.  So obviously I am handicapped, this was just another hoop you have to jump through.  It is always the same with places like the DMV, they think I just carry around a letter from my medical professional that says I am handicapped, like you cannot tell it just by looking at me.  It is pretty crazy and does get me worked up, I do need to watch my blood pressure, I have had some problem with that lately.  A lot of it comes from these stupid hoops I have to always go through, obviously I cannot jump them.

So, not sure if you guys want me to write about anymore Star Wars stuff, but I am going to anyway until someone pleads with me otherwise.  So I am going back to read all the canon books, canon means anything that continues the main story arc.  At this time I am reading the book Aftermath, which is a first in a trilogy pretty soon after the Return of the Jedi.  I think it is a few months after the movie but anyway.  It is hard to stay on track while reading this book, there are so many characters it is hard to keep them straight.  I am not sure if anyone else is like this but when I am reading a book, usually a work of fiction, I try to picture the character and what is happening in my head.  It will change from one character to another in the same chapter.  So it is a little hectic but I am really enjoying it.

So this is all I have for today, if you would like me to talk about a certain subject or anything just let me know in the comments.  Thanks and have a good night/day.


Comments

Popular Posts