I am going to start this post with an apology.  I have meant to write the last few days but just could not bring myself to do it.  I sometimes apologize too much and this is the first time I write of an apology.  Anyway, lets get to what I want to write about.

Since I retired medically from my job with Central Bank of Boone county back in April, things have been a little tough financially.  Not for the reason that I am making far less money, I make about the same a month as I was when I retired.  The hardest part is that now I get paid once a month as opposed to every two weeks.  That is harder to adjust to than many would think.  I have never been very good at budgeting money and now I really have to budget wisely.  So now I am trying to do things to supplement my income.  Such as doing online surveys for money from sites like Opinion Outpost and Ipsos I-Say.  You earn points that you can redeem for money through PayPal.  It is not too bad, sometimes you get to learn about a new product before it hits the stores.  I have received something to try before it goes on sale and have taken a survey for it.  But I would say about a third of the time I am not acceptable for a survey, so I go through all the screening questions and then I am told I am not what they are looking for, that part can be frustrating.  There are a lot of other ways to make money online, like doing what are referred to as mini-tasks like writing an article.  I have done a few of these but I do not do them very often.  I would like to do more writing tasks, hopefully that will help me on writing my book.

One thing I would like to write about is my experience of getting in a wheelchair at the age of 24, well actually 25 but I am going to go with 24 because that is when the Gullian-Barre Syndrome actually hit me.  July 15, 2004 was the morning I started noticing changes.  Now, the experience of going from an able bodied man that has walked, run, jogged and jumped for 24 years and then all of a sudden you life changes and you are no longer able to use your legs for getting you anywhere was a very surreal thing to deal with.  I like to think that I have made the transition from able body to disabled man very well but I am sure some people that are my friends think I have taking it a little hard.  When this happened I had lost most of my friends for one reason or another, that is something I don't like to dwell on, if I do I get all kinds of depressed and pissed off at people I should not even be thinking about.  Like I think I have said before, the easy part, at least for me, was the physical side of it because your body will adapt to most any situation it has to go through.  The harder parts are the way you are treated.  Like when I first got out of the rehabilitation center and back home with my parents, we would go to a Walmart and there people would give me looks that made them think I was faking it or that I was some kind of side show attraction.  One thing I really do not like people doing is coming up to me to say something and then they bend down or squat down to talk to me like I was a young child.  It made me feel as if they were talking down to me like I would not be able to understand them talking while they stood up.  I have had that happen to me on several occasions and I had to really restrain myself from decking that person.  Of course, in today's "pc" world we live in most people treat me pretty well or if they do something that I think is offensive and they are only doing it because I am in a wheelchair I do not have any problem telling them.

So, I am thinking that on my next blog post I am going to talk about something that is controversial, the 2016 elections.  Not just the presidential election, even though that is a big one, but all of the ones I will be voting on.  Now, I am not going to tell how I am voting, that is a secret I will always keep but I will probably show how I lean in certain areas.  Thank you and have a good day.

Comments

Popular Posts