The post of today

Ok, so here is what I have for today.  Not a whole lot really.  I did or at least tried to make a little cash doing surveys today, I was about to finish about two of them because I was tested out of most of them I tried.  And I tried a lot today.  Oh well, that is what happens sometimes.  My pain has not been too bad even though it rained here most of the day.  I think that is because of my new and improved pain medicine regimen.  So overall it has been an alright day.

I am going to write about a few things recently that kinda got under my skin.  I was reading an article on one of my favorite websites, Cracked, about non-violence movements or something to that effect.  I have a bad memory, I'm getting old.  Anyway, the story was about a lady in India that held the longest hunger strike in the world, the said it was 16 years.  The lady was arrested and food was forced into her system, so I do not consider that a hunger strike because she was given food through a tube.  This annoyed me because I have been on a feeding tube for 12 weeks before and the feeling is strange because you cannot taste anything since it is not passing through your mouth.  The "food" that I was given was switched out twice a day.  When the nurse would come in at 6 a.m. to change it out I would think to myself, there is my biscuits and gravy and then when the nurse would change it out the second time I would think to myself, there is my steak and potato's.  I say "I would think to myself" because I was not able to talk at this time.  When my voice started to come back I would talk to the nurse and see if she would let me get a small taste of that "food".  She would never allow it but told me that from the smell it probably didn't taste very well.  I took her word for it after I had a whiff.  Not sure why that story bothered me so much but it did.  I still love that site and have the app on my phone which is how I access it most of the time.  Great writers there and some pretty funny content.

Another thing that has annoyed me is politicians.  Well actually, they always annoy me but one this one issue.  Healthcare.  Never believe a politician that says "Trust me", that is always a sure sign of lying.  But on the healthcare front, most politicians or a vast majority are making these decisions in Washington D.C. without all the facts, which they do pretty much all the time.  How can these politicians even try to relate to someone like me with many conditions or someone that is worse than me and make unilateral decisions on healthcare.  They have no idea what it is like to live with anything I have or some people I know so how can they, the politicians, even comprehend what it would take to deal with issues everyday.  Most all of the politicians in elected office at the national level are millionaires and do not have the smallest idea what it is like to struggle with what to eat.  Or on the health front there are people out here that I know that have to decide to get a prescription filled or food.  Nobody should have to deal with that choice but they have to because we have people in Congress that make it hard for everyone.  I am lucky, I have fairly good prescription drug insurance and I have seen what those meds cost without insurance and I just do not understand how some people can do that.  I have one medicine I have to get filled every month because if I do not take it I go into either renal failure or adrenal shock, those are not much fun so I continue to take it.  If I did not have my meds covered they would be $250.00, and that is cheap if you have to pay out of pocket.  I have seen and heard about meds costing upwards of $5000.00.  Something does need to be done on that front but we need leaders that will seriously take on the big drug companies and until that happens people are going to have to keep deciding on either meds or food.

Well, that is all for tonight.  Hope everyone out there is doing well.  Take care.

Comments

Popular Posts