Tough Interview, Getting Rid of Polio, Something Needs to Be Done, Simple Minded Russians

Hey everyone, hope things are going great for you!  So my day was alright, didn't really do that much but watch the boys for a little while.  I had messed up, I thought that phone interview was going to be on Friday but it was today.  I think I did pretty good, I will find out in a few weeks on if I passed that part of the process and I might not get hired until the first of November.  That's a long time to wait but I think I will be alright.  So anyway, let me get to it!

History Day!  Some of you reading this might remember how bad the polio crisis was in this country, now do you think all that we are dealing with now is better, or worse?  I'd really like to know, I of course grew up about 20 or so years after all that so I never knew what polio was like, I had never really seen it.  Our 32nd president had polio, FDR, but now some are saying that he really had GBS.  So luckily there was a vaccine to help it in 1955 by Jonas Salk who never patented the vaccine because he said that everyone should have access to this and he didn't want to make money from it.  The people in the pharmaceutical industry now can take a lesson from him.  But shortly after he had created the vaccine there were major shortages in America and there never should have been.  I don't know why exactly as this article doesn't go into detail on why the shortages happened, but it never should have happened.  Not long after this an oral vaccine was developed and it eventually grew to be the preferred method.  So, here is that story from History; https://www.history.com/news/salk-polio-vaccine-shortages-problems

I'm not a big fan of Inside Edition but sometimes they do have some good stuff.  Like this idiot kid up in Portland that bombed the federal courthouse, was ousted by his grandmother and she is not sorry for doing that.  I think we need more adults like her running things.  Then there is video of a Jeep driving on a highway while "protesters" from BLM through objects at the vehicle and they did not hit a single person, so now you know why people are pissed at all these dummies blocking the streets.  And the last video, the police never should have handcuffed the guy defacing that BLM graffiti in New York, he wasn't hurting anyone and he wasn't blocking traffic but this is New York and that place is a total shitshow.  Here is that article and video; yahoo.com/entertainment/18-old-protester-outed-grandma-220350825.html

Of course this is going to be terrible, Russia is trying to put out a vaccine faster than anyone else because the Russians see this as the new Space Race and they want to beat the Americans.  They might get a vaccine out faster but that doesn't mean it will be any good.  The scientists that are working on this in Russia have injected themselves to save time and try to skip a step in the normal process for a vaccine.  This is pretty typical of Russia, always wanting to be first and to hell with the safety precautions.  Here is an article on it; https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-says-start-mass-producing-132148774.html

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that you all have a great night or day, take care and stay safe!

































Comments

Popular Posts