One More Thing to Do, A New Tier, Wrong on a Few Counts, Not Picking the Best, Not Too Proud To Beg I Guess

Hey guys, hope your Wednesday is going great!  My day was good, just watched the boys today for a little bit and nothing that much fun.  My doc got back to me about my swallow study I did recently and she says that there is another procedure I need to do so they can get a closer look at my esphogus.  She said there is a more narrow spot on there and might need to get that looked at.  As far as I know there isn't some med I can take to make this better, the only thing they can probably do is surgery, I think.  I told her to set up that next procedure I need to do and will keep you all updated.  So anyway, let me get into the good stuff!

MCU Day!  So I guess Disney is going to try out a new tier level on Disney+ for movies that it releases, at least that's all the news we have on it at this time.  I guess Disney has pretty much decided on releasing the live action Mulan on it's streaming platform and it will cost around $29.99.  I don't know how I feel about this, I wanted to watch Mulan at the theaters but I don't want to pay $30 bucks for that privilege.  Call me old fashioned but I like to watch new release movies in the theater with other people, that's something I miss right now and hope it comes back soon.  As soon as we are able to go to theaters I will go and watch whatever, just hope it's not something like Twilight.  The next big Marvel movie coming out will be Black Widow, I don't think I would want to spend $30 to watch it, I'll just figure something else out since I like to watch those movies when they first drop.  A few of the advantages of watching a new movie at home would be; getting to hit pause if you need to use the restroom, getting up to grab a bite to eat or drink and setting the room exactly how you like.  I think Disney felt a little pressured because of the announcement that Universal and AMC made recently.  I just don't think I can get behind this move, but what do you think, would you pay that much to watch Black Widow at home?  Here is a short article on it; https://mcucosmic.com/2020/08/04/disney-confirms-the-rumored-premium-disney-tier/

This Op-Ed is wrong on a lot of fronts and leaves out very important information.  I do not know the person who wrote the piece, they may be a history professor for all I know but I and many others would not agree with this article.  It surmises that we did not need to drop the first atomic bombs on the two Japanese cities that they were already to give up and surrender.  That part was patently false, the Japanese were and still are a very proud people and were not just going to roll over.  If we did not drop those bombs then the other option was to invade mainland Japan in an act called Operation Downfall.  This was estimated to cost both sides hundreds of thousands of lives for each side, if not in the millions.  Whole areas of Japan would have been wiped from existence.  In anticipation of Operation Downfall the United States Army had produced about 1.5 million purple hearts that we figured would have been handed out, fortunately we did not have to give those to any soldier at the time and we are still using those purple hearts to give to courageous soldiers.  Just before the bombs were dropped the Soviets were getting closer to Japan mainland and no telling what the Soviets would have done to the people there.  So I think that what happened was a better outcome for Japan than having it overrun by the Soviets, the stories are horrible about what the Soviets did to the Germans while pushing up to Berlin.  Anyway, here is that Op-Ed but don't read to much into it, plus it comes from the L.A. Times; https://www.yahoo.com/news/op-ed-u-leaders-knew-100525153.html

It's no surprise that I am not a fan of Joe Biden or his blatant lack of a backbone but I am very against this move.  He said previously that he would pick a woman as a running mate, that chopped away half of the qualified people for the post and then he said that it would be a black woman and that cut it down even more.  This is like a strange form of affirmative action, only choosing someone for his vice president because they are a black female and not because of their credentials, for something this big I think the most qualified should be in the running no matter what color they are.  This is the worst form of pandering to get the vote and I really hope that more people see through this.  It's really an important post because even if Biden is somehow elected then he will probably not finish out his term, hell he might not even finish one year at the way it's going.  Here is an article on it; https://www.yahoo.com/news/blatant-disrespect-black-women-women-155902987.html

Honestly I didn't even read this article, I already heard this on the radio and I think it's very hilarious.  The city of New York is such a mess, not just with this whole Covid stuff going on but so many other things that I'm not surprised that the more wealthy citizens of the city have not come back, I don't blame any of them for not wanting to be in New York.  Like I said before, I would never volunteer to go there and you would have to pay me quite a sum of money to even visit the place.  Here is the article about the governor begging wealthy people to come back; https://www.yahoo.com/news/governor-cuomo-begs-wealthy-yorkers-150935434.html

That's it for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great day or night, take care and stay safe!


































Comments

Popular Posts