New Doc, Who Will Play Maul, Stupid Article

Hey there all, I hope you are having a great day!  So my day was alright, didn't do much but watch the boys today.  It was pretty nice out so we did some exploring, they seemed to like it.  Then I had a doc appointment I totally forgot about, it was with a pain doc I had seen before while I was seeing that last idiot and he said he would see me if I wasn't seeing that other guy.  So now he is going to help me out and get me what I need, so that's good.  The pharmacy didn't have enough to fill it until Wednesday, so I have to wait a few more days but that's alright.  So anyway, let me get into it!

Star Wars Day!  Now I do not know the specifics of what went down with Ray Park, that is the actor who portrayed Darth Maul, who I guess said or did some things that got him in trouble.  I'm not going to talk about what he did since I don't know anything about it and I am against cancel culture.  Last week or just before that there have been rumors about Darth Maul showing up in some live action Star Wars property and maybe a few animated, just depending where it comes up in the timeline.  I would love to see Maul show up and wreck some stuff but now the question is who will play him.  One obvious answer would be Sam Witwer, who voices Maul in the animated stuff, who has a good look just like Darth Maul from the Clone Wars.  I think he would be a good fit, Witwer would have to go through some martial arts training, not sure if he already has some under his belt or not.  It will be interesting to see what happens, here is an article on this; https://lrmonline.com/news/star-wars-rumor-lucasfilm-moving-forward-without-ray-park-as-darth-maul-following-instagram-post-lrm-top-shelf-rumor/

First thing I noticed about this article was obviously the title and I thought that was wrong.  First off, I hate it when people blame something or someone else for their own problems and I thought this Op-Ed was saying that and in a way it was.  It posits that black people have been ruined by menthol cigarettes over the years.  Sorry but I don't believe that at all, those people, either black or white, decided to smoke on their own and the tobacco companies did not put a gun to their heads to tell them they had to try their product and get hooked.  Even though most everyone around me smoked when I was younger smoked, I never did.  When I was about 14 I was at a party and a friend offered me a cigarette and told me it would make me look more cool to girls.  I said that "I don't need a prop to make me look good to the girls" and I've never had a cigarette.  Now I have had a few cigars in my life but those were for serious reasons and I haven't had one in probably 4 years or so.  Just like me drinking, I started it when I was younger and nobody held a gun to my head, I decided to do that.  So these people that are trying to put the label "victim" on black people should rethink what they are doing.  Here is that stupid article and something stupid that state out west is doing; https://www.yahoo.com/news/op-ed-big-tobacco-helped-100532220.html

Well, that's it for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great day or night, take care and stay safe!


























Comments

Popular Posts