New Doc, Don't Erase Our History, Why Not, Don't Believe in Coincidences

Hey there all, I hope your day is going great!  So my day was alright, didn't do much but I did watch the boys for a little while today.  That's always fun.  I did have an appointment this morning with my psych and it went alright.  We both decided that I needed to see a new PM&R doctor so I set up a new appointment with one on next Friday, should go well.  Otherwise I didn't do a whole lot today.  So I guess I should get into it!

History Day!  This will be a little different than my normal history stuff, it talks more about what is happening right now but with a context of erasing history.  It does seem that the "progressive" wave we have going on in this country right now wants to erase the history of America but that would be one of the worst things we can do.  If you are wanting a statue be torn down then you should start a discussion and try to come to a good outcome but these people are acting crazed and will only take full capitulation of their demands and will not negotiate.  Negotiation is very powerful in this country, a lot of good things came from people agreeing to end a conflict.  That's what happens at the end of most wars, at least it used to, and abandoning it is very foolhardy.  Many talk about how this country needs good leadership, I'm not denying that it does, but what about this movement that we have unfolding before us, where are the adults in the room that will speak for the rowdy kids.  I don't have a problem with removing names from places, as long as there is a good reason and I am no fan of President Woodrow Wilson but I don't think his name should have been removed, at least not the way it was.  That was at Princeton where Wilson was the president before reaching the highest office of this land but look at Yale, it is named for a slave trader.  Is that not reason enough?  Also, where does this end?  This is a very good article talking about why we need our history to survive; https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/07/progressive-war-on-history-aims-to-erase-memory-founding-principles/

7 years, isn't that long enough to create some kind of safeguard against this current illness?  It turns out that in 2013 a sample was sent to a lab in the Wuhan Institute of Virology that closely resembles what we are fighting now.  Somebody in China dropped the ball because there should have been fixes in place, such as anti-viral meds or even a vaccine.  But hindsight is 20/20 I guess.  Anyway, here is an article on that; https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/covid-virus-sent-wuhan-2013-153255775.html

I don't necessarily believe in coincidences but I'm not naive enough to think they don't ever happen, just not enough to be a pattern.  After reading the article I'm going to add I think it is possible for patients to contract GBS from a Covid-19 infection.  That's what this article is about and seeing it peaked my interest obviously since I have had GBS for almost 16 years now and I'm one of the ones they talk about that are very rare and don't make a full recovery after diagnoses.  My case was a little different since I had other factors involved, like Addison's and adrenomyeloneuropathy.  Don't think there is anything more I need to say, I'll just add the article; https://www.yahoo.com/news/rare-neurological-disorder-guillain-barre-121457777.html

That's it for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care and stay safe!








































Comments

Popular Posts