Hot Weekend, Funny History Stories, Crazy Article, It's Happened

Hey everyone, I hope the week is ending how you want!  My day was alright I guess, I seen my new PM&R doc today and had a really good talk with him, it lasted a little longer than I thought it would but was very insightful.  I skipped the gym today but that's alright as I did a lot of pushing around, I didn't actually track my mileage this time.  It's supposed to be scorching hot this weekend here, by Sunday they say the temp will be over the triple digits, stay in the A/C this weekend.  Columbia isn't that big of a city so why are there at least 4 different gas prices, maybe it went up or down that fast around town while I was driving.  Lowest I seen was $2.02-$2.05, crazy.  Well anyway, let get get into it!

Potluck Day!  As you all know I love history so I thought I would talk about a few funny stories from history.  The first one is a big irony and I like irony stories.  The fire hydrant is a very important thing in life, it puts out fires but there was one it couldn't put out.  In the 19th century there was a fire at the patent office and the paperwork of the person who came up with the idea of the fire hydrant is now lost to history, I think that's a real irony and a loss for the world that we do not know who came up with the fire hydrant.  Number 6 on this list is a really good story to read about, this page only has a few paragraphs detailing the event.  It was probably one of the greatest hoaxes in history when a group of people were to going to a royal inspection of the HMS Dreadnought.  A few of the people in the group were even the cousins of the commander of the boat and they were dressed as the royal family of Abyssinia, which was a kingdom in Africa.  If the commander was really paying attention then he would have noticed that Abyssinia had been called Ethiopia.  Although the state did still use the name of Abyssinia for some things.  I'm sure it would have been really funny to see the commanders face when he found out what had happened.  Here is that list of 8 funny stories from history, enjoy; https://www.chattyfeet.com/blogs/chattyfeet-socks-blog/10-silly-events-in-history

Didn't take too long to figure out that this article was mostly farcical, this "news" story came from the public broadcasting up there in Oregon.  It claims that President Trump has sent federal agents, or a secret police, to Portland to kidnap people that are not doing anything.  There are plenty of people up there doing bad things but I don't think the president is sending people up there to kidnap people.  This is just the liberals acting out there fantasies, we all know that they want to get rid of President Trump.  But here is that article I found this on; https://www.yahoo.com/news/unidentified-federal-agents-camo-rented-045600138.html

It's finally happened, the mob has now turned on a popular black man who plays in the NBA all because he did something that they didn't like.  He is helping to expose them more than anything right now.  The man I'm talking about is James Harden, he wore a thin blue line mask and the mob doesn't like any black person that shows support for the police.  They really hate black people that are in law enforcement.  Harden has come out and said he didn't know what the mask meant but I think he did but didn't care.  Lets see what happens out of this.  Here is an article; https://www.yahoo.com/news/james-harden-wears-thin-blue-180300536.html

That's all for me this week.  I really hope that all of you have a great weekend, take care and stay safe!





































Comments

Popular Posts