More Steps to Go, Tall Story, Never Thought it Would Finish, They Are Not Protesters, Takes a Lot

Hey there everyone, hope your week turned out great!  So my day has been alright, getting kind of tired though.  I took that paperwork out to the telecommunications center for that 911 job.  The lady I met with gave me some important info, that phone interview will be me with multiple other people on the line and the questions are supposed to be really tough.  She said that there is a chance I could fail that call and it would prevent me from getting the job so I have to do good at that.  Also, I forgot that the call is actually on Tuesday and not Friday.  Without further ado, let me get into it!

Potluck Day!  This is one of my favorite stories from history, I learned about this very early on in life and it just goes to show that monarchs are just as obsessed about things as us normal people.  King Fredrick William I of Prussia, modern day Germany, liked tall guys in his military.  He set aside a special unit of soldiers that were over 6 feet tall, the average height back in the 18th century was a little shorter than it is today.  He rounded up as many tall men that he could find to put in his army and he wasn't afraid to steal people as well.  This is a form of pressing where a government makes you work for them.  I guess one good thing is that these men were treated well and never actually saw combat, as long as King Fredrick William was alive anyway.  The tallest of the giants was said to be around 7'1" which is extremely tall for the time.  Once his son, Fredrick the Great came to power, he disbanded them and made them actually fight in wars.  As the author says in this piece, it is very reminiscint of what the Nazi party would do many decades later by trying to breed in a master race of Aryans.  Here is that webpage; https://www.historyanswers.co.uk/history-of-war/may-wedderburn-cannan-the-forgotten-female-poet-of-world-war-i/

I never thought it would last, at least for this year.  I had said towards the start of all this virus stuff that the MLB would not last, if the didn't start by all star weekend then they shouldn't start at all.  Now they have started and people are thinking they will likely cancel the season if they get anymore positive tests.  When I found out it was starting up in late July I said I would give it a month before it gets shut down.  The NBA just started up as well and I always said they may start but won't finish, which I didn't really understand why they wanted to start up anyway but I'm not a big fan of the NBA.  So far it looks good for them but they have only been going for one night, let's see what happens.  Here is that article on the MLB; https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-rob-manfred-warns-that-mlb-could-shut-down-by-monday-if-it-cant-contain-coronavirus-210743171.html

Not going to talk about this much because I value my sanity and blood pressure, these people are wrong on a lot of levels.  One thing they are right about is that these riots up in Portland are playing into the hands of the president.  Imagine what would happen if Biden was president, it would be horrible.  Here is that article; https://www.yahoo.com/news/letters-editor-portland-protesters-time-100028943.html

First I want to say that I hope this woman makes it out alright.  This was a very harrowing medical mystery that I'm glad got figured out and she was able to pull through that first part.  If there is one good thing that comes out of this whole Covid mess it's that now people are understanding more what people like me have to go through, but not everything.  Maybe people such as myself will get more recognition.  It helps show people that they cannot take anything for granted, especially their health.  Most of what happened to me was an auto-immune condition, that means that it can happen to anyone of you.  So, I hate that people are going through some tough times but I hope good things come from this terrible year.  Here is that article; https://www.yahoo.com/news/healthy-woman-had-no-typical-132200061.html

That's it for me tonight.  I really do hope that all of you have a great weekend, take care and stay safe!











































Comments

Popular Posts