Finally Passed, 10 Crazy Stories from History, Great Quote, They Say That It's Coming

Hey everyone, hope things are going great!  My day has been pretty good, I finally passed that test for the 911 job.  The next step is a phone interview next Friday, not sure but I think there is one more step after that but not totally sure.  Of course things will change with my posting schedule if I do get this job depending on what shift I will be working.  But I will post when I can and let everyone know ahead of time if something is going to change.  But anyway, let me go on and get into it!

History Day!  Now this list I'm going to add has a few stories I had talked about before, one of my favorites is the Julius Caesar being kidnapped and ransomed, so I won't talk about that one.  First one I will talk about is the great General George S. Patton letting a mayor of a French town think that a latrine pit was a grave for a dead soldier, this was back in WWI.  And when Patton came back to that town over 20 years later the people of the town had kept up the spot and still visited it.  I'm sure this got a good laugh out of a man that we didn't see laugh very often.  This shows how far a conspiracy theory can go, all the way to the president.  An Army officer named John Symmes had argued for an expedition to the center of the Earth to President John Quincy Adams sometime in the 1820's.  Luckily for everyone involved the plan was scrapped when Andrew Jackson came to the office, at least someone had good sense about this.  Here is that page; https://unbelievable-facts.com/2018/03/funny-stories-from-history.html

This one quote I heard on the radio from the governor of Missouri, Mike Parsons, made me want to vote for him, he is better than most of the alternatives.  He was responding to the state of New York putting Missouri on it's quarantine list.  Here is the quote, it's good; "Their a disaster to start off with the way they've handled their situation...So, I think probably people are smart enough in this state, probably they don't want to go to New York, unless you just had to go there for some reason or another."  I love it, New York is a sh#@ show right now and they think they are all high and mighty, well our numbers here in Missouri are not nearly as bad as there.  I for one would never want to set a wheel in New York, everything I've heard, read or seen is that it's a filthy place.  No need for that.  Here is that article, check it out, it's really good; kshb.com/news/coronavirus/mo-gov-mike-parson-i-wouldnt-put-too-much-stock-into-what-new-york-has-to-say-about-missouri

Gotta preface this with, nothing has been made final yet but this is what the next stimulus might look like.  The regular amount for a single person stays the same as last time and there are a few other changes, I'll let the article explain them better than I can.  Here is that article; yahoo.com/money/coronavirus-stimulus-checks-many-americans-would-get-more-in-go-ps-second-round-of-payments-154353648.html

Well, that's it for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care and stay safe!





































Comments

Popular Posts