Opening Up, More Stuff, Can't Be Him, Best Rat Wins, Unlimited Power!, Quick Review Between Amazon and Google

Hi there all, I hope you are starting out your week great!  A good relaxing and boring day today.  Hopefully my gym opens tomorrow, either way I will go lift weights somewhere though as I really need to do that.  The gym at the office for where I live might be open tomorrow so that'll be good, I know they sent an email saying the pool would be open starting tomorrow but there were going to be some new rules like only residents in the pool and you had to sign in to use it.  Oh well, at least it's something.  Time for me to get to it!

Star Wars Day!  We are slowly getting a little more information about The Mandalorian season 2 and it's getting good.  Last week we got news that Timothy Olyphant has been cast but unknown what character he is playing exactly.  He was seen as wearing Boba Fetts armor but there is an explanation to this.  There was a character in the Aftermath books named Cobb Vanth, a kind of sheriff, which would be perfect for Olyphant to play, wanting to get power after the death of Jabba the Hutt and the fall of the Empire on Tatooine.  I think this would be a perfect role for Olyphant as he has experience playing a sheriff type character in other outings.  By the way, the armor he wears is like Fetts but not really his, it's probably something scrapped up by Jawas and sold to him.  But I am still going with that Temuera Morrison is not going to play Boba Fett but Captain Rex, we still have not gotten an exact word on that from someone like Dave Filoni yet.  Anyway, here is that article; https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-wars-news-mandalorians-boba-fett-rumors

Going to talk a little bit more about why I think Joe Biden is unfit to run for president, let alone getting the presidency.  In 1993 Biden championed the Violent Crime Law, a bill that had a lot of stuff in there, among those things was the three strikes rule, which led to mass incarceration of many people, blacks were probably hurt the most by this because it also gave more weight to drug convictions making them felonies and that increased our prison population substantially.  I am not sure what the exact numbers are as to the amount of people in prisons after the Crime Law was passed to before but I found something from the prisonpolicy.org website stating that around 1994 the amount of crimes went down as the amount of incarcerations went up.  To me there is a clear correlation between the passage of that law to the amount of people being locked up, so I think there should be some work done on this.  I am bringing this up because this was one of Biden's hallmark pieces of legislation during his time as a Senator.  If you do take the time to listen to the video clip that's embedded in the article then you can tell that even back then, almost 20 years ago, that he was prone to slipping up and double talking like he does now.  Only difference is now he is an old man who is on the verge of dementia, if not there already.  He needs help.  Here are two articles, one about just Biden and the second from prisonpolicy.org; https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/07/politics/biden-1993-speech-predators/index.htmlhttps://www.prisonpolicy.org/scans/sp/DimRet.pdf  If you want more reasons why he shouldn't be president then here is a list of some of Biden's hits; https://www.pastemagazine.com/politics/joe-biden/the-10-worst-things-joe-biden-has-done-in-his-poli/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_5243680

Survival of the fittest, at least among one group, rats.  In bigger cities such as New York and New Orleans the rats have started to battle each other for the food that does remain, as there isn't as much as there was only a few  months ago.  Some rats are even becoming cannibals as their main food source dries up since most restaurants are not open like before.  People should be getting creative with this and start filming the rat fights and put them up online, with no sports on that might help to fill up time and plus gamblers need something to bet on.  Only if we can get them sponsorship deals, that would help out those wanting to bet on the fights.  Here is an article talking about it; https://www.yahoo.com/news/starving-rats-reportedly-turning-cannibals-114544970.html

I was asked recently what would I do if I had a billion dollars and my answer was pretty simple, I'm a nerd after all.  Since I fancy myself a history geek, I would set things up so I would be able to make movies about the times during history that don't get talked about as much, ones that we haven't seen before like the 30 years war or Hannibal crossing the Alps with elephants, that would look awesome on film with all the special effects we can do nowadays.  The other thing I'd do is make movies out of my favorite books, ones that haven't been made yet, for fiction I really like spy thriller type books so something by Nelson DeMille, Brad Thor or Vince Flynn.  Flynn, who sadly passed away a few years back, has one movie out now and I hope they do something with it because I thought the movie was strong and had promise for a sequel.  Of course there are other things like buy a nice house but making those movies would be a way to stay rich and do something I really like.  What about you?  What would you like to do if you had a billion dollars? 

Last spot for the day and it's going to be a short one.  I have now had both the Amazon Alexa device and the Google Home Mini and there is a clear winner, at least in my eyes.  That winner is the Amazon Alexa, the Alexa feels more natural like you are having a conversation with someone in the room with you, the Google Home takes too long after you give it a command but I do like how you can choose a different voice on there, I had chosen a female voice from Australia as I thought it had a better delivery than a British female.  I am going to stick with the Amazon Alex from now on.

Well, that's all for tonight.  I really do hope that all of you have a great day or night, take care and stay safe!




















Comments

Popular Posts