Messed Up the Schedule, Fake News, We Need Sports, More Cooking, Opioid Fix

Hey there all, I made a little mistake last night.  Sometimes when there are holiday weekends it messes up my timeline and I thought yesterday was Monday so I published a blog post on Star Wars and finally realized it this morning after eating my breakfast.  So now this whole week will be messed up a little.  So I decided for tonight's blog post I will just post some of my thoughts, if it goes well then I will make that a once a week thing, where I just talk about some things that are floating around in my head.  If you would like me to continue to do this then let me know.  Let's get to it!

First thing I'll talk about is that I cannot believe that the whole Russian collusion thing is still out there and some people are still talking about it.  Now like I've said before, I'm no fan of President Donald Trump, but he has clearly not had any type of relationship with the Russians to become president and it has been shown that Hillary Clinton was probably getting some help from the Russians.  Think about it, why would Putin or the Russians want a republican to become president because republican presidents always bolster up the military and that was one of the biggest fears of the Russians is American military might, knowing they couldn't match us.  They would rather have a liberal democrat win because they are not as high on the military and would try to weaken it.  Having Clinton win would mean an easier path for the Russians and it's starting to come out how much she was working with the Russians.  Plus, the Russians were not the only people or nation that hacked into the 2016 election, I am sure that most countries had someone try to hack in to change the results, even people from this own country probably hacked in, I wouldn't put it past anyone here. 

Something needs to be done soon when it comes to sports, some sport needs to be able to happen soon as people are getting down about things being shut down.  Now I've talked about that I'm mostly a football fan, either college or professional.  I guess you can say that football got lucky since their season doesn't open until around Labor Day until the first part of September and a lot of things should be worked out by then.  I think that baseball should just shut the season down if they do not start by the middle of the season, which is around the All-Star game after the 4th of July.  There have been a little talk about it maybe starting by the end of June but we have a lot of time until then now.  Basketball should just cancel the season, right now is normally the playoffs and don't think much could be done and just start up the next season in October.  Hockey should just start up it's normal time in September or October instead of playing any kind of playoff or finals, like the NBA.  From what I have read or heard is that the NFL has put safeguards in place for the first four weeks if things don't work out but I have faith that things will look up by then.  Guess we will see soon enough.

Since all this lockdown started I started doing more cooking, instead of eating out, which is a little more healthy but also more fattening, which is a weird conundrum.  I have gained some weight from all this, I weighed at an appointment there last week and weighed 90kg, I have always thought it weird how we switch from standard to metric all the time but that's another topic.  So I've gained about 20 pounds in the last 9 weeks, that's not so bad especially since I know what needs to be done to get back to my usual weight.  So anyway, the reason for me writing this, I made something really good today.  I had some cut up chicken breast and rolled each one in a half strip of bacon and then dipped it into a bowl where I mixed up brown sugar, garlic salt, pepper and cajun spices.  It was really good.  I put it in the oven at 400 for 20 mins.  It was really good, especially dipping it into some ranch sauce.  It's really good and even better since I used peppered bacon.

One last thing, I want to talk a little about the opioid issue.  When this all started and we noticed that there was a problem with opioids in this country there were a lot of knee jerk reactions by people in the government.  Many were treating pain patients like they were simple criminals, thinking they were addicts just because the opioids were the only thing treating their pain.  It's gotten to the point were a lot of people that have legitimate reasons for needing that medicine feel like they are addicts when asking a doctor for what helps them.  If they really want to "fix" this problem then they need to set up a real task force that would include someone like me that is a legitimate pain patient.  I think to help the health care industry of this great country they would need to include someone like me that ha chronic conditions to talk and help people with similar issues. 

Well, that's it tonight for me.  I will be back tomorrow with my regular Tuesday post on history.  I really hope that all of you have a great day or night, take care and stay safe!











































Comments

Popular Posts