Got a Workout In, Pastry War, More Killings

Hey everyone, hope your day is great!  Well my day hasn't been that bad so far, I did make it to a gym today, not my gym but another one and had a pretty good workout.  This gym I went to has a heavy bag for boxing so I did that for a little bit, that's a great wrokout, wish I had one here to use.  Otherwise didn't do anything else exciting today, so I guess I should just get into it!

History Day!  Wars can be started for many reasons, whatever one side of the conflict thinks is enough for declaring war.  In 1821 Mexico had just run the Spanish out of the country and declared independence and then a pastry shop owner had to get greedy.  He demanded compensation from the new Mexican government for his shop in the amount of 60,000 pesos, even though it was only worth around 1,000 pesos.  The owner of the shop was French so he decided to contact his government in Europe to see about getting money for his ruined storefront.  Especially at this time the French loved to overcompensate, so they sent a bill to the Mexican government for 600,000 pesos.  Of course the Mexicans thought this foolish so the French tried to take the money by force.  Eventually the British were the ones to come in and help out the peace process, Mexico ended up paying that 600,000 pesos.  But the French are not ones to let things sit so they tried to take over the land again a little while later.  Here is an article that has a few other crazy wars; https://medium.com/@j2exec/the-5-most-unusual-wars-in-history-c5d8249e12fc

Doesn't look like much has changed for the second city, Chicago is still a hot spot for gun activity.  This was the deadliest Memorial Day in four years, even though the stay at home order is still in effect, didn't think that would work like they thought.  Chicago is going to need to do something to help curb all this senseless violence but I am unsure what will need to be done short of putting the Army in the streets.  I definitely don't want that to happen anywhere in America, we have laws against doing that but I guess if things get really bad that's what will happen.  Whatever they do I hope they can figure it out soon.  Here is an article on it; https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/25/us/chicago-memorial-day-deaths/index.html

That's all for me tonight, I know it's a short post but I will be back tomorrow.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts