In Person, First Conspiracy of the New Country, Earth-Like Planet, Tried to Slip it Past Us

Hey there all, I hope you are doing great today!  My day was alright, I had my first in person doctor appointment and it went well, I think.  I went to see my endocrinologist, who I see once a year.  Lately I've been seeing fellows up there and it changes all the time but she did seem happy to talk to me, as they always do, guess I'm a medical celebrity in certain circles.  I tried making something today, taco sticks, but messed up and they turned out pretty bad.  Plus I didn't like the pizza crust that you cook them in.  Oh well, not the first time I messed something up, won't be the last.  So, let me get to it!

Conspiracy Day!  What I'm going to write about today is in reference to a conspiracy that almost happened at the beginning of America, the Newburgh Conspiracy.  The story of what happened here goes to show how much people just loved George Washington at the time, I still think he's pretty great today.  It was almost a coup de'etat before the country really got going as the soldiers were not being paid by Congress, who at the time didn't have the power to tax people to get money but was given money by the separate states.  While the meeting was going on and being chaired by George Washington's closest rival, General Horatio Gates, Washington walked into the room and since he outranked everyone they all shut up.  He gave a impassioned speech that made everyone calm a little bit and they continued fighting for him.  We all know what happened and America would never come that close to a coup attempt again, kinda.  Here is that story; https://www.mountvernon.org/library/digitalhistory/digital-encyclopedia/article/newburgh-conspiracy/

Here is one of those cool stories about space that are a little over my head but this one I got fairly easy.  It's about the discovery of an Earth=like planet some 25,000 light years away.  That's still a very long ways away but it's cool that it's in almost the same sort of orbit around it's star as Earth so that means that it could harbor life.  Really neat stuff, can't wait to get a better name and look at the exoplanet.  Here is an article on it; weather.com/en-IN/india/science/news/2020-05-14-astronomers-discover-rare-one-million-super-earth-exoplanet

This is something I've talked about before so I won't say too much.  The government dropped this news while we are all dealing with this virus and thought we wouldn't really notice much about it but we have.  The U.S. Navy has now released the incident reports of what happened with those unidentified flying objects that we all seen recently.  It's a really opening article and I hope something comes from it soon, this is really cool.  Here is that article; https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-navy-released-incident-reports-110234608.html

That's all for me tonight, I'm really tired today.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care and stay safe!

































Comments

Popular Posts