Good Day, War Down South, Surgery Mess Up, More Trump Troubles

Hey there all, I hope you are doing great!  So my day has been pretty good, I skipped the gym today and watched the boys most of the day from about 11 to 5,  They were good, at least at first and then they got bad about a little before I was to take them to their dads house.  Of course the little one fell asleep there a little before I took them to their dads also, I wish I was able to get a nap.  I took my van to the local glass place and got two pot marks fixed in my windshield.  These were marks that were on the windshield before I got the van and they just were never fixed before.  It didn't cost anything and they were pretty small, I just didn't want them to start spidering out and make it to where it would not pass inspection since I have to do that soon.  Next month I need to get the license done, I also have to get my drivers license done later this year, so that's good I guess.  I am really having trouble trying to find something to talk about today for a history topic, I have been thinking about what I should talk about but cannot come up with much.  I am sure I will figure something out as soon as I write the words of History Day.  So, let me get to it!

History Day!  So what I thought to talk about was my thoughts from the Mexican-American War of 1846-1848.  As you can tell, this war lasted about 2 years but there really wasn't that many casualties, compared to other wars that lasted about the same amount of time.  On the American side there were over 1,700 casualties and on the Mexican side there were roughly 5,000 killed in battle.  Of course there were many more wounded or that died from disease, disease is the largest killer of people during any war in human history.  Especially earlier wars or wars before the 20th century.  So my thoughts on this conflict.  I think that America should have just taken over Mexico when we had the chance, we did capture the capital and could have taken the whole thing.  One thing is, we wouldn't have to worry as much about this illegal immigrant thing right now, as a lot of the people coming are of Mexican origin.  We would still have a southern border but it would be a lot smaller and much more controllable than it is now.  Plus we would have access to their oil fields, that would be nice and we would have those nice vacation spots that are not good places to go to right now.  Murder rates at those places have gone up, not to mention the kidnappings and thefts that happen there.  There isn't hardly any way you could get me to go to Mexico right now.  If you are American and are going to Mexico then you might want to say you are from Canada or something so that way you are not picked on as much.  Just something I had heard from someone else.  Also, do drink the water or use ice down there, you might get pretty sick from what I have heard.  If you want to read up on the Mexican-American War then here is the Wikipedia page; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican%E2%80%93American_War

We all know that there are mishaps that happen during surgery all the time, things get left in or the wrong thing gets taken out.  This brings so many questions, like how did they not know this at the time, how did he survive for 8 days until these were found and did he feel them.  A lot of questions there.  Basically what happened is, a 72 year old British man was having minor surgery recently and when the tube was placed in his mouth his dentures were knocked down his throat and they lodged into his throat.  He didn't start complaining until 8 days after surgery when he went to an ER complaining of having trouble swallowing and coughing up blood.  How did the man eat during those 8 days?  Like I said, I have so many question but glad the man is doing good now.  Doctors need to really pay attention to their patients and know that something like false teeth is something he had in his mouth and they should have been removed before surgery.  Somebody slipped up and didn't ask the right questions.  All's well that ends well.  Here is an article on this case; https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dentures-throat-surgery_n_5d52e16ee4b0cfeed1a3f0d1

It doesn't matter what President Trump does, if he says something then they tear him down and if he doesn't say something then he is berated for staying silent.  It's about the recent protests in Hong Kong that have now dragged on for almost 4 months.  People are upset that the president has not backed the protesters but has come out and urged caution and wanted everyone to stay safe.  I guess that isn't enough for his critics, they want him to come out and basically put down the Chinese government for how they are treating the protesters.  I know one part of these protests have to go against a new law that would extradite criminals from Hong Kong to give them to the Chinese government.  Now President Xi Jingping of Chin is amassing troops on the border with Hong Kong and might be sending the military in soon.  I talked about this not too long ago that it would be much like what happened in the Tiananmen Square back in the 80's.  So here is an article on it; https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-assailed-hands-off-stance-hong-kong-215745473.html

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!













































Comments

Popular Posts