Bad Day, Dark Rey, Stupid Stormers, Costly Drugs

Hey there all, I hope your Monday is going great!  Well, my day has not been so good, I had a horrible bowel accident today while I was out.  I called my cousin who lives in town and he came and helped me out.  I thanked him so much for that but he knows I would do the same for him.  Otherwise I just stayed home today to recover and I think it helped some.  I still feel pretty crappy but I think if I can get a good nights sleep I will be better tomorrow.  I have set up an appointment with my primary doc for tomorrow and hopefully will get something done.  So anyway, let me go on and get to things!

Star Wars Day!  So, the biggest news coming out of Star Wars is the new trailer footage and what it reveals.  The biggest thing is seeing Rey in a black cloak and red, double bladed lightsaber.  Does this mean that Rey goes full dark side?  I don't think so, I think it's a little misdirection from Lucasfilm and we won't see Rey go dark in this movie.  I could be totally wrong of course, that may be a small part of the movie where she goes to the dark side.  It showed the footage of the previous movies in chronological order of release but I think they should have done that in episode order as it would make more sense.  At least I think it would, what do you think?  My two favorite scenes in the trailer are in this order.  First, when we see dark side Rey with her switchblade lightsaber is awesome.  And then when we see C-3PO with red eyes, meaning he probably has a kill mode like Spider-Man.  Here is a video talking about the trailer; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7_vd3jSI-Y

This is something so stupid, people actually wanting to storm Area 51.  If a bunch of people do try this then they will be killed very quickly.  The person that put the group up on Facebook has said that this is a joke but I think there are a certain amount of people that are going to take it seriously.  If you want shot at or blown up then by all means, go ahead but if you are not a fan of those things then you should stay home and continue to watch UFO docs on Netflix.  Here is an article on this; https://www.yahoo.com/news/highly-discouraged-air-force-responds-111212104.html

Not exactly sure what I think of this after reading the article.  We all know that drug companies take advantage of people all the time.  At first this does seem like a price meant to railroad people but then you think that this is a one time treatment, not a month to month or a treatment that goes on for years but one time.  It is a drug for the condition called spinal muscular atrophy, SMA.  I have not come into contact with this since it is not as common but you can figure what it is by the name.  It is said that kids that are born with this usually die within two years, so sad.  The price for this treatment is $2.125 million but it is normally covered by most insurance.  That's good because I am sure there are not a whole lot of people that can pay for that out of pocket.  Here is an article on this; https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/05/24/725404168/at-2-125-million-new-gene-therapy-is-the-most-expensive-drug-ever

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!





































Comments

Popular Posts