Some Changes, New Park, Copter Crash, Earthquake, Recalls Honda, Stupid Lawmakers, Big Pappi

Hey everyone, hope the first of the week is going great for you!  I didn't write Friday night because I was busy helping a friend out and was wore out by the time I got home.  But I am back for today and to start the week off.  I did make it to the gym all weekend and I had some good workouts, starting to do other stuff.  I will stop working with the bands as much as I was because I got smacked in the head again with one, so to stop that I will just not work with them as much.  I can still do things I do with them by using the pulley machines.  As I have said before, I am having a lot of trouble with my fiction book, it just seems that I cannot come up with things that are very believable.  My fiction book is an alternate history work and it is a lot harder to write fiction that it is my autobiography.  The autobiography is easy to write since it is recounting my life from memory and my fiction book I have to make up a lot of things.  Guess I am not as creative or inventive as I was thinking I was, this is something I need to work on.  We all have imaginations and I just need to flex mine a lot more to be able to work on that book.  So I am shelving that book for now and will only focus on my big book, the autobiography.  I think that book would do better in the marketplace anyway than an alternate history book from an unknown author.  Who knows, maybe I can turn things around and become a well know author, time will tell.  Now it is time to get to it though!

Star Wars Day!  One of the big new things with Star Wars has to do with a new park opening up in Disneyland called Galaxy's Edge.  Now I am not a huge theme park kind of guy but I think I would totally geek out over this, it looks amazing.  The big problem is the price, I know that's a shocker, but I have heard that even drinks run around $40 a pop.  One of the cool things is the place where you can make your own lightsaber, that is every boys dream that is around my age.  After seeing the movies for the first time when I was little I tried to fashion a lightsaber out of anything, mostly cardboard tubes that those lights came in and me and my friends would always have fun with those having little sword fights, until they turned into real fights but I don't think that happens much anymore.  There is also a droid factory thing that I would love to see, of course I have seen pics but that only goes so far.  I have not checked the price because I am sure it is way too much for me and then there are some places I wouldn't be able to go to in the park so I will just watch from the outside looking in.  Here it is; https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge/

This is something that happened earlier today and just wanted to say a little about it.  A helicopter crashed into a high-rise in Manhattan but at first after it happened they were reporting it being a plane that crashed into the building.  Of course that caused a lot of panic in NYC, 9/11 is still really raw and probably will be for a very long time.  Here is a news story on that; https://pix11.com/2019/06/10/plane-crashes-into-manhattan-building-nypd/?fbclid=IwAR1I-5tZCb5ppnYBcymRWv0IhzLIybCEAPXfk8Jof-b7RqCgzazyBQVy72Q

Here is a place you don't hear about mentioned with earthquakes at all but I guess there was one there today, Cleveland, Ohio.  The early reports were that it was a 4.0 magnitude earthquake and was centered in Lake Erie.  Apparently it shut down the emergency services hotline because something like this just doesn't happen in that area.  I don't remember an earthquake happening there going back a long time, of course it could have happened before we knew what it really was and then they would have blamed it on supernatural things.  But anyway, here is an article on this; https://weather.com/news/news/2019-06-10-earthquake-cleveland

Just something I learned about and thought I would share with all of you here.  2018-2019 Honda Odyssey minivans are being recalled for a transmission problem.  Only about 51,000 vehicles are being recalled so this isn't as big as some recalls.  Here is an article I found on this; https://www.cars.com/articles/2018-2019-honda-odyssey-recall-alert-400825/

One more thing that pisses me off about California, they are giving illegal immigrants free health insurance and I still hate that the talking heads are calling it healthcare and not what it is health insurance.  If this was just state insurance then I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it but they are also using federal funds so that means that my tax money will be going to help pay for people that are in this country illegally.  I guess those idiots in california, I refuse to capitalize the name of that state, don't know what the word illegal means.  Another stupid thing they are doing, to help pay for this they are going to tax people that do not have health insurance.  That is not going to work out at all, they estimate this will cost around $98 million, they won't even get close to that by trying to take money from people that don't have any money to begin with.  In a strange way I understand the reason for re-education camps, the ones that were done before by communist leaders were very misguided.  I really think we should take to vote on if we should let california be a state still, I think it would lose very convincingly.  I need to stop talking about this to save my blood pressure so here is an article; https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/california-lawmakers-agree-health-benefits-000834318.html

So last story I'll talk about today, Big Pappi AKA David Ortiz formerly of the Boston Red Sox was shot down in the Dominican Republic.  He is recovering well in a hospital but did have to have some organs removed.  Luckily the bullet did not hit his spine and went right through his body but did do some damage to some organs such as the liver.  The gunman was such a coward that he shot him in the back.  Glad to hear about the crowd, they caught the guy and beat him until the cops arrived.  He is still being treated for his injuries so the crowd did a good job in my eyes.  Here is a story about that; https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-ortiz-shot-red-sox-legend-has-organs-removed-suspect-eddy-feliz-garcia-in-custody-today-2019-06-10/

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I hope you all have a great day or night, take care!




































Comments

Popular Posts