Good Food, New Movies, Do Your Job, Family History

Hey there everyone, hope the middle of the week is going good!  My middle week is going good, I actually woke up in a good mood, even though I got up earlier than I wanted to but it was for a good reason.  I put some pork in the crockpot with some potatoes and carrots and had to pull that out after about 8 hours, which was close to 5:30 am.  It was really good, I had a little while I was shredding up the pork.  Hate shredding up the pork or chicken that I had in the crockpot.  Also went to watch a friend of mines kid play softball, it was good but really hot, at least for the first half of the game and the second half rain clouds started coming in and it cooled down quite a bit.  It started raining about 20 minutes after the game and I made it home before the rain, so that's good.  Well, let me get to it!

MCU Day!  Since the MCU will be going into Phase 4 after the Spider-Man movie there is a lot of speculation on what movies are to come out.  We already know about a few of them like The Eternal s, the Black Widow prequel movie, and Shang-Chi.  We also have heard that next year the MCU will be slowed down a little and only release two movies for next year.  The two that are probably coming next year are the Black Widow movie and The Eternals movie.  But there isn't a whole lot we really know.  Shang-Chi will probably be coming out in 2021 and from what we have heard that the MCU will go back to three movies at that time.  Marvel has pulled our collective legs before about things so I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to shoot another move soon and have it ready for some time late next year.  They are good enough to get something off the ground pretty fast.  We also think that sequels for Doctor Strange and Black Panther are on their way along with Guardians 3.  The only new property I could see being made in Phase 4 is Nova, I think that's a good guess but we won't know until Feige comes out and says something.  I would love to see She Hulk show up at some point as she would need to show up to do an A-Force movie.  Guess we will have to wait until Comic Con this summer to learn more, or at least until after Spider-Man.  Here is an article; https://www.themarysue.com/marvel-latest-rumors-phase-four-keanu-reeves/

A lot has been made of the resource officer at Parkland School who stayed outside while there was a gunman inside the building.  I do not know enough about this to make a strong opinion on it one way or the other but I think he should have done more while there was someone inside shooting.  Now that is just normal human behavior, to stay far away from someone doing harm but people that put on that badge and swear an oath to protect innocent people should be thinking differently.  Much like men and women who are in the military, for us civilians we run from chaos while those in uniform run towards it, that is the main thing that separates us.  You can call it fortitude, courage or whatever works for you but I call it bravery.  I have caught myself running towards chaos before but I am a little different since I don't have a fight or flight complex like everyone else and what I ran toward was a car wreck to help people.  Luckily I was able to help before anything really bad happened like the car catching on fire.  But back to the point, I think the officer that was assigned to that school should have done something to help the kids and teachers that were being shot at.  What exactly he could have done, I don't know but anything to help out would have been nice.  I am sure there are a lot of parents down there that are really upset with him not doing anything and now he is in court for child endangerment.  Not sure if that is the right charge against him as he may be able to beat that one, maybe they should have used something else but I don't know what would have been the right charge for him.  Hopefully some resolution comes from this soon, here is a video about this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73vc80C4-pA

Quick word about a cool website I found today called houseofnames.com.  I found out a lot of info about my family I did not know and will be talking with my mother about it tomorrow to see if any of it is true.  I was about to go back to about the mid-18th century for the family name.  I know that we are Scottish, Irish and Dutch with a little German and Native American mixed in there.  I was thinking about doing an ancestry kit thing sometime but not sure if I want the government to get ahold of my DNA, which they might have it anyway but I don't want to just give it to them.  Oh well, I'll figure something out.

Well, that's it for me tonight.  I do hope that all of you have a great day or night, take care!



























Comments

Popular Posts