Happy Fathers Day!, Dark Phoenix Review

Hey everyone, I'm here for a Sunday post.  First off, happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there, hope you have a great day.  So this will be my Dark Phoenix review.  I just watched it and it was an alright movie.  That is much like a lot of the X-Men movies over the years, just alright, nothing great but good films.  Originally I was not going to watch this movie because I already knew that it would not be very good since this is the last of the Fox movies, they pretty much just phoned it in.  But I am glad I did watch it.  Now I am really good at suspending disbelief, which is what you need to do when you go watch any movie, especially a comic book one.  So anyway, let me get to the real stuff!

Dark Phoenix Review!  So if you go online and search for Dark Phoenix backlash you will come up with around 18 million hits, the movie was very split in the critic community where most hated it.  If you go to the site Rotten Tomatoes then you will see that critics panned this movie but audiences where split on the subject.  What I thought of the movie, it was pretty good, not as good as it could have been knowing the source material but it was a typical late X-Men movie.  What I mean by late X-Men movie is that it is after the original trilogy.  The first two entries of the original trilogy were great, I still think X2 is one of the better superhero movies to date but that third one was not very good.  It was Fox's first attempt at the Dark Phoenix story and it fell flat.  At least with that first try you had most of the major characters it it, this recent Dark Phoenix story was missing quite a few notable people.  If you really wanted to do a movie based squarely on the comic then you would not be able to do it in one movie, it would need to be at least a trilogy just for that one story to do it enough justice to were people would love it.  Even with Disney money I don't think they will try to do that but I think it could be great.  The movie did have a few pacing problems were they lingered on something that was inconsequential to the plot and thought they could have stuck in something else.  A few of the lines from different actors did not seem right, like someone who is over talking and trying to make something more important than it really is.  I did really like the end action/fight scene at the end on the train, it was pretty good but a few things felt out of place, nothing that makes the movie worse than I had already thought.  Overall, I liked the movie but am glad the era of Fox X-Men is not gone, all hail the Disney X-Men!  Ending this review, I do like a few of the characters and wouldn't mind seeing them reprise their roles in the new Marvel/Disney X-Men franchise.  People I would like back are Sophie Turner/Jean Grey, James McAvoy/Professor X and Michael Fasbender/Magneto.  I thought those were good representations of there comic characters. 

Anyway, here you go, my Dark Phoenix review.  Let me know what you all think.






















Comments

Popular Posts