Lazy Day, Tiananmen Massacre, LA Homelessness

Hey there everyone, I hope things are great today!  My day has been pretty good, didn't do much but be lazy today.  So I guess tomorrow I will kick it in higher gear and get more done.  Not really sure why I was lazy today but it felt good, sometimes not doing something is the best thing you can do.  It is alright to be lazy every so often, I just don't do want to do that much as you get into a funk of being lazy day after day.  One reason why is probably because I didn't sleep real great last night, I kept waking up about every hour or so for a few minutes at a time.  So I will keep this brief so that way I can get to sleep and not fall asleep while I am writing like I have a few times as of late.  So, let's get into it!

History Day!  Today marks the 30th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square uprising of people against the communist government in China.  Probably one of the most famous pictures in history came about this day all those years ago, the tank man.  I remember watching this on the news with my parents at home.  It was very powerful to see a single man, carrying grocery bags and standing in front of a moving tank, it must have taken an extreme amount of courage to stand there and not just move out of the way like most normal people would do when faced with a tank.  Now, all the other things that happened at that famous location have been censored by the Chinese government where if you are caught talking about it in public you can be thrown in jail or worse.  That is a great reason why you never want to live in a country like that, where you have zero freedoms to talk about the real history of the country you live in.  That would be like being arrested in this country when you talk about what happened at Kent State on May 4th, 1970.  Knowing China I wouldn't be surprised if they would kill you for mentioning the events, especially to someone from another country or a news agency of another country.  Here is an article talking about this; https://www.newsweek.com/tiananmen-square-anniversary-chinas-censorship-massacre-ensures-immunity-against-revolutions-1441776

I am reading an article that does not have an easy fix, homelessness is something that cannot be easily solved or even explained in an easy way.  It is even hard to talk about in a way that does any good to the issue but I will give it a shot.  The reason for someone becoming homeless is multi-faceted and not explained easy either so that makes finding a solution that much more difficult.  When talking about the problem over in Los Angeles it is even that much more difficult because the elected officials have made it that way.  From what I have read in this article, it seems that those elected to lead the city have failed the people on this issue for a long time, this is not something that just happened overnight.  One thing that makes it even harder to look at this problem is that the economy is actually going good but not for the people that are homeless because they are often not counted among those that the economy is helping.  But anyway, I don't think I can do this justice so I will add the article here for you to read and make up your own minds; https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-lopez-06052019-story.html

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really do hope that all of you have a great day or night, take care!
























Comments

Popular Posts